PDA

View Full Version : What can I do?

PT87
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM
So, there are sprinkers everywhere on the street I live. I try to avoid them, but they always find me. After my most recent wax job (just a layer of NXT 2.0), the sprinklers hit me, and I tried to get these spots off with QD, but it was a no go. Clay lessened them but they were still there.

Since my hood is taking the brunt of the spots, yesterday I cleaned, clayed, Megs Ultimate Polish (has SMAT), and NXT 2.0'd my hood. Water spots gone!!! :D.

Well, well, well...I walk out to my car today to find a nice new layer of sprinkler water spots! Tried QD, but it was a no go again. What can I do? I don't feel like hand polishing every time I get these spots. Would a layer of Nxt 2.0 work?

I know the solution is to find a spot with no sprinklers, but this month they have kicked up the sprinklers usage to every night (used to be once a week so I knew how to plan). Could you imagine if I went through a full paint correction, and the next day had these spots!?

Any advice is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

jaymz
07-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Stealth is the solution! Dress like a Ninja, head for parking spot late on a moonless night; bring large hammer and just beat the pi$$ out of the offending sprinkler heads.

Problem solved.

Jim

PT87
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Stealth is the solution! Dress like a Ninja, head for parking spot late on a moonless night; bring large hammer and just beat the pi$$ out of the offending sprinkler heads.

Problem solved.

Jim

Hahaha :D. Made me laugh after a frustrating morning!

alko
07-22-2011, 09:53 AM
floor it when going through them!

Ron Atchison
07-22-2011, 09:53 AM
hmmmm he may on to something. Although this won't land you in jail may upset the land owner, but they are also responsible for any damage they may cause also, just like their tree falling on your car. Just because they want green grass doesn't mean they can damage other peoples property to get it. You may be able to fabricate a deflctor that you can stick in the ground next to the sprinkler head so that it can't spray in the direction of your car. Then the next morning simply pull it out until needed again. It could be as simple as a small piece of plywood with a couple of stakes attached to it.