PDA

View Full Version : megs hyper dressing (wheel wells)

PA DETAILER
07-22-2011, 12:08 AM
if MHD is used 4:1 and sprayed onto the wells, are there any drips? do you have to go back with a applicator? i am looking for a new wheel well dressing that is SOWA. griots leaves a great finish, but you have to use a applicator. the only product i found SOWA is detail kings black out. water based. used 1:1. never had to touch it once it was sprayed on.

i am sure megs ASD would also require a applicator? someone also mentioned stoners more shine is great for wells. or should i just be going with good old armor all? please list your findings for a great SOWA well dressing. it seems general knowledge that WATER BASED is the way to go.

thanks. :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
07-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Why not keep using DK Black Out?

DLB
07-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey Mark - if you have the sprayer - try that dressing we were talking about that way (SOWA). I know that would be great for the Z seeing as you can't get your hand in there really to wipe. I have one of the pressure sprayers with the extension head nozzle, but I am using it for my APC+ right now. Need to pick up a couple more of them.

DLB

Old Tiger
07-22-2011, 07:56 AM
if MHD is used 4:1 and sprayed onto the wells, are there any drips? do you have to go back with a applicator? i am looking for a new wheel well dressing that is SOWA. griots leaves a great finish, but you have to use a applicator. the only product i found SOWA is detail kings black out. water based. used 1:1. never had to touch it once it was sprayed on.

i am sure megs ASD would also require a applicator? someone also mentioned stoners more shine is great for wells. or should i just be going with good old armor all? please list your findings for a great SOWA well dressing. it seems general knowledge that WATER BASED is the way to go.

I apply ASD with a Garden Sprayer and usually just walk away. Very durable too!

TLMitchell
07-22-2011, 08:07 AM

After using numerous dressings, sprays etc I now just use whatever foaming spray I can get cheap for wells. I don't know if there is a true SOWA product... almost anything will have more even coverage and look a little better on closer inspection if you give it a wipe.

I don't do my inner wells or tires after every wash. I've discovered if I dry them off while they're still wet they look pretty good. A few weeks ago I did an engine with CD2 Engine Detailer and wiped it down before it dried. I used the residue-covered rag on my inner wells and although wiping is a pain in the neck I found it to be longer lasting than almost anything else I've used. Still, for ease of use I pick up whatever foaming product I see on sale cheap.

Stoner's More Shine works good as a SOWA product but you'll get drips and runs if you use enough product for even coverage. I'd expect that with any thin, watery spray.

Incidently, Meg's Tire Foam works great on underhood pads. I has some cleaning properties and the pads stay clean for a long, long time!

TL

D_Nyholm
07-22-2011, 08:29 AM
I use hyper dressing 4:1 on wet wells all the time. As long as you spray enough in there, you don't have to worry about drips or using an applicator. It gives a pretty glossy appearance at the volume I use it at, and by the time the next wash rolls around, it has the nice clean matte finish and lasts a month or so.