PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique Prestine Clean vs. Leather Masters Strong Cleaner??

WRAPT C5Z06
07-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Which is capable of cleaning soiled leather better?

S2K
07-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Mark, I have not used Leather Masters so i can't compare but the Leatherique Rejuvenating Oil is what really does the cleaning, the PC cleans up the RO and adds conditioners (their names are kinda backwards). It works very well, messy and time consuming but good.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Mark, I have not used Leather Masters so i can't compare but the Leatherique Rejuvenating Oil is what really does the cleaning, the PC cleans up the RO and adds conditioners (their names are kinda backwards). It works very well, messy and time consuming but good.
Thanks, Dave. I have no desire to do a 2 step process. I'd like to have another effective leather cleaner along with OPC that I already have. I'll pass on the rejuvenator. ;)

Belair
07-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Mark, I used the LM strong cleaner on our DD '05 Sienna van seats & it worked significantly better than 3 applications of Meg's Leather/vinyl cleaner/conditioner. The care kit I bought is pricey, it has a brush, 2 applicators & 2 MF towels along with the protection cream. But the strong cleaner itself works well & is competitively priced; an advantage to my way of thinking is it's designed specifically for leather. Haven't used the Leatherique so I can't compare.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Mark, I used the LM strong cleaner on our DD '05 Sienna van seats & it worked significantly better than 3 applications of Meg's Leather/vinyl cleaner/conditioner. The care kit I bought is pricey, it has a brush, 2 applicators & 2 MF towels along with the protection cream. But the strong cleaner itself works well & is competitively priced; an advantage to my way of thinking is it's designed specifically for leather. Haven't used the Leatherique so I can't compare.
Thanks, bud! :props:

supercharged
07-22-2011, 02:12 AM
Having used both I'll say Leatherique pristin clean is meant to be used as a maintaince product, or in conjunction with rejuvanating oil (remember, you use oil FIRST, then pristin clean)...
Leather Master Strong will be a better bet if you really wanna clean something...

Y2KSVT
08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Bringing this one back up.. I have an interior detail coming up and the car has a leather interior. I'm curious if the Leather Masters strong kit will last a while, or if it'll only last a car or two. The next vehicle I purchase will have leather and I'd like to have something on hand for future details. What is everyone's experience on how long the strong Leather Masters kit lasts? If not very long, what would everyone recommend to have on hand that you can get several applications out of?

Mark