Surfer
01-26-2007, 09:24 PM
For the Pro's

What are you planning for in 2007.
What are you changing?
What is your business goals?
What do you want to accomplish?

You know...those types of questions..lol Move into bigger office
Full Time Employees that produce consistantly (so many lazy people in FL)
Concentrate on Commercial Financing and Acquisitions
I'm also in talks with a company for relocation that I'll be buying basically the whole South FL territory to work with them
Also look into other business, we have our LLC Group and plan on have subsidiaries of it branching off into multiple businesses, I'm in talks right now with one business here that we may buy later this year that I'm interetsed in (owner turns business that were flopping into profit houses), and he carved a nice niche with basically no competition that only has 6 employees but has huge profits (I'm not talking 6 figs either lol), I also figured how we could expand it and he loved the idea.

Partner and I want to acquire a commercial building to have our business and subsidiaries in and lease out the rest of the space. Already picking up, just got another commercial project in GA :righton:

Hell, maybe we'll have a small Detailing Business as well on the side lol :D

ltoman
01-26-2007, 10:53 PM
TexasTB - hope everyone is doing well...
Sincerely,
Lauren

Gary Sword
01-26-2007, 11:09 PM
After about two more months when I finish the software project I have been working on for the past 8 months I going to take the rest of the year off. I have been working 7 days a week on the project. I need a vacation and catch up on my list of things I need to do around the house.

ehuth1
01-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Being I'm off 14 days a month, I would like to score at least 25-30 Repeat Customers. I only have about a steady 10 as of now.

Other than that just keep working on technique :)

Whitethunder46
01-27-2007, 12:12 AM
While being a full time college student (Classes get out first week of June)... I'll also be starting work again full time (40 hours, plus school) at my local Golf Course which I love doing. Hopefully starting here in the next month.

Somewhere in there I hope to start up my mobile detailing business. Nothing really major, but hope to bring in around 2-3 customers a week whether they are re-peats or new ones.
Will be able to offer the whole detailing deal so we'll see how it goes. I am going to just use customer's water from their outdoor spickets and also their electrical outlets. As long as it's with in 100 ft. of the vehicle I can do the job. I know this isn't the best, but it's going to have to work for this summer. Water will be ran through a mobile 2-part filtration system.

Rough chargings. 1st price=car; 2nd=small trucks/suvs; 3rd= large trucks/suvs/vans

Wash/Vac: $35; $40; $45
Deluxe:: $70; $80; $90
Premium: $125; $150; $175 w/ a 2-3 month wax.

For an added $25 to the Premium package you can get a 6 month sealant instead of the wax.

Also for $40 (cloth) and $50(leather) you can "uprade" any package to a "new car package." Includes engine cleaning and dressing, wheels waxed, headlights/tailights polished, all windows applied with AIO, and if you have leather then an updated Premium leather condiotioner (Pinnacle).

abrcrombe
01-27-2007, 02:09 AM
What are the differences between deluxe, premium, and regular. Also, is this how much places around you are charging? You definitely don't want to shortchange yourself.

justin_murphy
01-27-2007, 06:45 AM
What are you planning for in 2007?
I'm planning on adding another truck with my brother and another employee taking it over. I will be using my truck still and another employee will be with me. I'm looking to double my business from 2006.

What are you changing?
I will have a more professional look. T-Shirts, Polos, and signage will be coming with my logo on it. I will have a computer in each of my trucks to print an invoice on site. I will also be printing maintenance stickers (oil change ones) to go on the windows.

What is your business goals?
Hire 2 full time employees and give them the best job of their life. This will easily make the profits come.

What do you want to accomplish?

I want to simply be known as the area's only detailer........not car washer. I want customer's to think of me immediately when they see a dirty car. But you know what, I still want to keep it fun! I will never let that leave my ambition to be successful.

ScottB
01-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Let me just remind you all ... when the final day comes, you are likely to discuss what you failed to do NOT the money you failed to make. You are likely to admit you wish you gave more time to friends and family. (esp. family)

So while making your business plan for 07, I highly consider sneaking out early on a friday, taking your children to the park on some special early mornings, and an extra kiss/hug to that special loved one while hanging around the house a little longer than work usually permits. Money and work ethic are a splendid thing, but its not getting you into heaven !! (or whereever the religion of your choice takes you)

dengood1
01-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Let me just remind you all ... when the final day comes, you are likely to discuss what you failed to do NOT the money you failed to make. You are likely to admit you wish you gave more time to friends and family. (esp. family)

So while making your business plan for 07, I highly consider sneaking out early on a friday, taking your children to the park on some special early mornings, and an extra kiss/hug to that special loved one while hanging around the house a little longer than work usually permits. Money and work ethic are a splendid thing, but its not getting you into heaven !! (or whereever the religion of your choice takes you)
This is my plan as well. Although I have been working on it for a while. Took the morning off this morning so I could go see my daughters play soccer in their leagues, which I don't get to do very often. It feels GOOD!

Surfer
01-27-2007, 11:55 AM
So while making your business plan for 07, I highly consider sneaking out early on a friday, taking your children to the park on some special early mornings, and an extra kiss/hug to that special loved one while hanging around the house a little longer than work usually permits. Money and work ethic are a splendid thing, but its not getting you into heaven !! (or whereever the religion of your choice takes you)Except at my age and not being married etc I can work work work work work :D......I'll have to worry about the fam, kids later on :D.

3Dog
01-27-2007, 01:35 PM

I could not agree more!!
And I might add to consider NOT buying into the socially acceptable retirement at 65 ( you know work till your to old to do anything and then retire) Get out of debt and enjoy.

Whitethunder46
01-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I could not agree more!!
And I might add to consider NOT buying into the socially acceptable retirement at 65 ( you know work till your to old to do anything and then retire) Get out of debt and enjoy.

My grandfather worked full time until 80. He wanted to though since he enjoyed it.

Surfer
01-27-2007, 01:45 PM
My grandfather worked full time until 80. He wanted to though since he enjoyed it.Like my friend grandfather, think he's 91 and still runs one of their family businesses, dudes like the energizer bunny lol, just keeps going and going and going....

justin_murphy
01-27-2007, 03:20 PM

This was my goal period to even start my business!!! You already know that about me Scott.

I stop at 4PM every workday to be home with them. I never work on Saturdays or Sundays either. I had enough of that in the car business.