PDA

View Full Version : Is mixing QDers a problem?

YankeeFan
01-26-2007, 07:55 PM
For instance using Aqua Wax one Saturady and then WDGS the next Saturday. Are there any bonding or appearance issues applying two QD sealants from different suppliers?

I assume there would be no problem using a spray sealant then using a QDer like FK425 or Crystal Mist the following weekend?

Howard

BILL
01-26-2007, 08:46 PM
For instance using Aqua Wax one Saturady and then WDGS the next Saturday. Are there any bonding or appearance issues applying two QD sealants from different suppliers?

I assume there would be no problem using a spray sealant then using a QDer like FK425 or Crystal Mist the following weekend?

Howard

I use everything as far as Q Der's. 2 -3 times a week...............mix n match..except designated sealers on wax carnuba's......

ltoman
01-26-2007, 10:16 PM
I use everything as far as Q Der's. 2 -3 times a week...............mix n match..except designated sealers on wax carnuba's......

Bill,
Let me see if I got that right - if you have carnuba on it, you can't use certain qd's?
I am about to order so I would like to know. You can pm me to explain if you rather.
Thank you!
Lauren:grouphug:

ScottB
01-26-2007, 10:40 PM
most qd'ers have very little durability and are gone at first wash or rain. Thus moving to another qd'er (mixing as you have offered) is usually not a big deal. When in doubt , try it out, for a small area.

BILL
01-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Bill,
Let me see if I got that right - if you have carnuba on it, you can't use certain qd's?
I am about to order so I would like to know. You can pm me to explain if you rather.
Thank you!
Lauren:grouphug:

HI Lauren.......Scott explained it as best as i could.....:) dont worry you'll be find with ever Q D you order.......

ScottB
01-27-2007, 09:00 AM
carnauba based qd'ers can go over anything. Most of the polymer qd'ers can do the same. If you use some acrylic based qd'ers over a carnauba you might see some streaking. A damp towel usually removes them quickly. Since carnauba LSP's are not all that durable I would always top with CM , AW, or 425 for added protection as possible.