PDA

View Full Version : Questions for ONR or any rinseless wash users

Pages : [1] 2

rivaladversary
07-21-2011, 03:58 AM
1.How long does it take for you all to finish washing your car using ONR? I drive a TSX and it takes about an hour for me. I'd like to reduce the time.

2. Do you use another wash media for the lower parts of the car? If my car is washed weekly and never has too much buildup, can I just go ahead and wash my door panels without having to switch to another wash media (i also wash the car down with water prior to using ONR, and use the 2 bucket method with grit guard)?

3. Do you use Quick Detailer after you dry the car or do you apply quick detailer while the car is still wet and then dry ?

BobbyG
07-21-2011, 04:42 AM
When I do use a No Rinse product it usually takes me abut 45 minutes to an hour from start to finish. I wash each panel twice then dry the vehicle with a soft Microfiber towel.
I'll use a No Rinse for the entire vehicle
That's an interesting question. Some use a detail spray during the drying process. Since I use a dedicated leaf blower I rarely use a detail spray other than to give the finish a quick going over before a drive.

Porsche Pilot
07-21-2011, 06:25 AM
:iagree:

HeavyMetal
07-21-2011, 07:30 AM
1.How long does it take for you all to finish washing your car using ONR? I drive a TSX and it takes about an hour for me. I'd like to reduce the time.

2. Do you use another wash media for the lower parts of the car? If my car is washed weekly and never has too much buildup, can I just go ahead and wash my door panels without having to switch to another wash media (i also wash the car down with water prior to using ONR, and use the 2 bucket method with grit guard)?

3. Do you use Quick Detailer after you dry the car or do you apply quick detailer while the car is still wet and then dry ?

1. Depends. If I'm doing just a quick exterior wash to get rid of rain dirt or general dust and bugs, it takes me about 20 min. A full wash including door, trunk and hood jambs , wheels and whell wells takes me about an hour.

2. No. I do the upper parts first and then get the rockers and wheel well rims.

3. I don't typically use a QD when I wash. I use that between washes.

Old Tiger
07-21-2011, 08:16 AM
I always hose the dust off first. I use the Opti Mitt and a plush MF. I blot dry with a Mothers foam core MF. I spray with a wax when I feel like it.

weavers
07-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I use a pump sprayer to "pre rinse" the car with ONR. Then with 1 bucket+grit guard I wash each panel twice working top down. Then I use a separate sponge for lower panels. Then wash the wheels with ONR. and use a large waffle weave towel to dry the car.

If its a daily driver thats been waxed, I can wash everything and do windows in 30mins by myself. Typically I spend 45-90 cause of vacuuming and the rest of the interior. I use 3 gallons of water to wash a car, compared to 75-100gallons using a hose pipe I really like ONR. It does save alot of time. I can even wash cars in full direct sunlight, thought it takes a fair bit longer cause I do one panel at a time and dry, and move on.

ONR really is wonder product. Like APC or IPA or megs compounds/polishes or even collnite 845. I am so happy auotgeek told me about ONR.

05xrunner
07-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I make my water with my RO/DI system first so there are no TDS in the water so there is no chance of leaving spots..then mix my ONR in..i wash each panel and dry it after each one..Then I use a QD after I am all done. it takes me about 45min i would say

rivaladversary
07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
do you guys switch to another washing sponge or MF mitt when tackling the bottom half of the car? For example, when you wash the doors, do you wash the top half of the door and then move on to the other top halves of the other doors, or do you wash the entire door (including the bottom), and then move on to another door?

alko
07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
do you guys switch to another washing sponge or MF mitt when tackling the bottom half of the car? For example, when you wash the doors, do you wash the top half of the door and then move on to the other top halves of the other doors, or do you wash the entire door (including the bottom), and then move on to another door?

I don't, and have the same vehicle as yours. Once I've hit the bottom undercarriage, I drop my mitt in the rinse bucket. I just make sure to pay extra attention to the sheepskin wash mitt when I use in the rinse bucket, and then I'll move on to the next panel working top to bottom. I make sure I agitate the mitt against the grit guard fairly well. If it gives you peace of mind, use a second mitt.

rivaladversary
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
alko, you also have the front license plate frame. do you know how to remove that thing gracefully? my car is a year old and i have not taken that thing off to wash the area behind it yet.

alko
07-21-2011, 01:43 PM
alko, you also have the front license plate frame. do you know how to remove that thing gracefully? my car is a year old and i have not taken that thing off to wash the area behind it yet.

I started typing a response but just remembered...you can't. When you remove the license plate, there are two screws towards the top of the frame. Those are screwed right into the bumper. If you reach into the grille underneith the license plate frame, you'll be able to feel the bottom bolts that go verticle into the frame behind the grille. You'd have to remove the grille in order to get to this. I started to remove it when I did the detail project but once I got to the bottom I said screw it and left it on.

Side note: invest in finger pockets for the front grille.

rivaladversary
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
interesting...my license plate frame is only screwed at the bottom plastic cage grill; there are no screw on the bumper for me.

alko
07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
interesting...my license plate frame is only screwed at the bottom plastic cage grill; there are no screw on the bumper for me.

Then you had a very conscious tech install the license plate frame. I wish I could remove the frame *sigh*

See if you can get a wrench in the grille.

What year and color is your TSX?

rivaladversary
07-21-2011, 01:56 PM
CBP, 2010, lol.

acura black is such a pain in the ass.

alko
07-21-2011, 02:00 PM
NICE! Someone on this forum has a signature that says "black is not a color its a full-time job" or something to that degree. Its very true. I absolutely love black, but since my car sits outside 24-7 I battle with pollen and dust. I will be posting pics and video of my recent detail job on my car here soon.