PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Nuba Wax

Pages : [1] 2

shoeless89
07-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm not sure if there is another thread somewhere about this. So I'm starting thinking about getting my car ready for winter. I'm planning on applying a coat of Optimum Opti-Seal or Menzerna Power Lock then apply some nuba over it. I read a lot about peoples favorite sealants but I haven't seen much on Caranuba waxes. So I guess I have a 2 part question

1) What wax do you think would be best to use for winterizing my car and applying over a sealant (if there is one that is better then another)
2) What is your overall favorite Caranuba wax?

Thanks for all the help guys! :thankyousign:

Dr Oldz
07-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey guys, I'm not sure if there is another thread somewhere about this. So I'm starting thinking about getting my car ready for winter. I'm planning on applying a coat of Optimum Opti-Seal or Menzerna Power Lock then apply some nuba over it. I read a lot about peoples favorite sealants but I haven't seen much on Caranuba waxes. So I guess I have a 2 part question

1) What wax do you think would be best to use for winterizing my car and applying over a sealant (if there is one that is better then another)
2) What is your overall favorite Caranuba wax?

Thanks for all the help guys! :thankyousign:

Answer to no1.... Collinite 915 is one of the most durable waxes for the winter months that I have found.

Answer to No2.......So many reasons for liking a specific nuba that there can be endless answers and why's to this question.

05xrunner
07-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Fuzion is my favorite wax on my mustang..but for may daily driver it gets Colinite 845 for its insane durability

supercharged
07-21-2011, 03:33 AM
depending on the mood...I like Fuzion, as well as Souveran...Pete's 53 is another nice wax, as well as Dodo Juice waxes...I also REALLY LIKE Zymol Vintage...

silverfox
07-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Collinite 915.

BobbyG
07-21-2011, 04:29 AM
There are 3 and all by the same manufacture

Collinite 845
Collinite 915
Collinite 476

I listed Collinite 845 first because it's technically a liquid and is one of my favorites. This wax will give 4 to 5 months of protection.

Collinite 476 and 915 are more like a traditional paste wax and are touted to give even longer protection than the 845 product listed above.

Matt
07-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Collinite is a great choice for a winter wax, either 915 or 845 (Insulator Wax).

My personal favourite carnauba is P21s 100%. Reasons are it's extremely glossy, easy peasy to apply, durability is pretty decent and the beading is awesome.

You will probably find that a lot of people on this forum like Fuzion and Souveran as they're house brands of PBMA so more common in use by forum members here while on other forums it will be different.

jamesn184
07-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Would have to be Ioncoat Naviwax
and Milgore Primo

nothelle
07-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Durability: Collinite 476/915, can't go wrong with any collinite waxes. another one is Meguiar M16 but don't think it's available in the US

All time favorite: CG5050, Swissvax Concorso

ScottB
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Favorite = Souveran Paste by Pinnacle

For your needs Wolfgang Fuzion (better durability and great looks)

both have no cleaners nor polishes so prep properly first.

batb
07-21-2011, 03:55 PM
For winter I would use Collinite 845

flyinion
07-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Disclaimer, it's the only nuba wax I've used unless you count Meg's hi-tech 26 about 8 years ago.

I like the Signature II I have right now.

00celica
07-21-2011, 05:42 PM
I love Wolfgang Fuzion. Really easy to apply and the resulting shine is spectacular. However, I wouldn't use this wax during the winter months as it wouldn't stand to the extreme elements.

For the winter on my personal vehicle (2000 Celica GT), I am planning on applying Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant topped with Collinite #845. I haven't used #845, but it is on my "To Order" list as I haven't heard a bad thing about it on this forum. I'm planning on applying these products in late October at the earliest and if the sun happens to peak out one day, I will top off with another coat of #845.

In terms of over the counter products, you can't go wrong with Surf City Garage Barrier Reef Carnuba. Inexpensive, easy to apply and long lasting.

rider9195
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Blackfire Midnight Sun.

pickles
07-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Meguair's Gold class is what I use monthly and I get a lot of complements.Even my father-in-law(former owner of my car) was shocked at how nice it looks after 10yrs+105k miles.Easy on easy off and inexpensive.I prefer the liquid.I'm toying with the idea of getting Pinnacle Souveran liquid but I'm not sure it's worth the price increase.Is there anyone who uses both who can recommend to buy or not?