jamores23
07-20-2011, 08:39 PM
which ones do you rec for
windows

polish/wax removal

and QD

seaho
07-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Huck (surgical) towels without a doubt. AG needs to sell them. No lint, indestructible, no streaking.

Belair
07-20-2011, 09:53 PM
No one makes a lot of money on hucks, they're sold by the pound here in home maintenance stores & janitor supply shops. Perfect for windows IMO.

00celica
07-20-2011, 10:00 PM
In terms of what AutoGeek sells:

Glass - Cobra Waffle Weave for Glass (a must with DP window cleaner; a product I've found to be the best on the market)

Wax: Cobra Deluxe Jr. (although Surf City Garage makes a towel similar to this and it's great)

Polish: Griot's Polish Removal Microfiber Cloths

Quick Detailer: Griot's Garage Speed Shine Microfiber Cloths

MakemeShine
07-20-2011, 11:29 PM
I know this might seem like a stupid question but are the Yellow MF towels at Costco good enough to just get the job done?

maximus20895
07-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I think someone uses pro force found at sams with no problems.

bimmer325!
07-20-2011, 11:41 PM
STAY AWAY from Sams Pro Force for doing any polishing/removal of products (polish/sealers/wax/ or even quick detailers)...they are good for door jambs, under the hood, trunk..etc.. They lose their "plushness" very quickly and especially after being washed a few times. They WILL induce scratches. Here the rule is simple..invest in GOOD towels even if its 6 dollars or more a towel...it will pay dividends in the long run by you not having to work backwards and fix the mistakes made by inferior towels.

C. Charles Hahn
07-21-2011, 12:43 AM
STAY AWAY from Sams Pro Force for doing any polishing/removal of products (polish/sealers/wax/ or even quick detailers)...they are good for door jambs, under the hood, trunk..etc.. They lose their "plushness" very quickly and especially after being washed a few times. They WILL induce scratches. Here the rule is simple..invest in GOOD towels even if its 6 dollars or more a towel...it will pay dividends in the long run by you not having to work backwards and fix the mistakes made by inferior towels.

Uh, sorry but I 100% disagree. If you're washing and using them properly they work just fine for polishing and removal of products. I've got a couple hundred of them that get washed in regular Tide and dried on the "Extra Low" heat setting in my dryer and I have yet to run into a problem with them inducing scratches.

Now, that said, I do use brand new ones if I am working on paint I know to be extremely soft. Otherwise previously washed ones are usually completely fine.

bimmer325!
07-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Could be my bad..because I do not dry them on extra low heat...I just know they scratched the surface when I used them after a few times.

Perfections
07-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Those sams towels are ok but after a couple uses they will scratch soft paint, but maybe it's my washing habits, just don't have those problems with better towels so I just assumed it wasn't my washing lol I know one thing, the edges like to roll up on the blue towels, not so much on the yellow ones or the green

gatoman39
07-21-2011, 11:29 PM
I know this might seem like a stupid question but are the Yellow MF towels at Costco good enough to just get the job done?
Yes, but wash them and remove the tags before you use them. I use them for glass,rims,interior, rocker panels, bumpers (but they're all segmented and washed accordingly). I use the expensive MF towels for the rest of the car. Never had a problem with the Costco towels, they are super cheap, and when they get schmeged, I have no problem just throwing them away.

MakemeShine
07-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Yes, but wash them and remove the tags before you use them. I use them for glass,rims,interior, rocker panels, bumpers (but they're all segmented and washed accordingly). I use the expensive MF towels for the rest of the car. Never had a problem with the Costco towels, they are super cheap, and when they get schmeged, I have no problem just throwing them away.

Just what I wanted to hear.
Thanks alot.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-22-2011, 01:08 AM
which ones do you rec for
windows

polish/wax removal

and QD

PAC Dragon Fiber Glass Towel

Adams Edgeless Towels

Poorboy's DMT's or Cobra Light Blue Towels(rolled edge)

Cat ji
07-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Yes, but wash them and remove the tags before you use them.
How? Cut them with a razor, you're still left with a sharp edge of the tag. Get more involved tearing them out, you get fraying, unravelling. I gave up taking the tags off, I just keep them out of the way, and they're not being used on paint anyway.

jamores23
07-22-2011, 08:34 AM
nobody likes the cobra miracle towels?? Ive used them plenty of times for removing polish and wax and they do a great job without marring..