PDA

View Full Version : How the Square App works

Plan b Detail
07-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey guys,

I created an account on squareup.com and now can manually enter credit cards (can swipe once the free reader comes in). My question is if I don't want to link my bank account to my account how can I receive all my money that I have charged through credit cards?

Rafimos
07-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Thats part of the things they require to use:

A US-based address (PO Boxes can be used for shipping but not for activation; 50 states and DC only)
A US-based bank account
Social Security number (Due to identity verification, this is required for everyone. Businesses included.)

Im uncertain if you have to do it on the nightly deposit schedule that it normally does.

You can also use this for non credit purposes and do cash payments.
This way you can at least keep track of payments and offer a receipt to your customers/friends

If you dont feel safe for a company to link to your account then your customers/friends shouldnt feel safe for giving you their credit card information.

AeroCleanse
07-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey guys,

I created an account on squareup.com and now can manually enter credit cards (can swipe once the free reader comes in). My question is if I don't want to link my bank account to my account how can I receive all my money that I have charged through credit cards?

If you don't want to link your bank account to your Square account, why did you sign up for it?

It works like any other merchant account.

DonMTV
07-20-2011, 09:50 PM
How about getting a WalMart Money Card? I have one. I use it for online purchases instead of my regular bank account. I also have my Outback paycheck direct deposited if I actually make enough to get a check.

They use GE Bank. You can get routing and account information so that you can set up setup payments for monthly bills. I use it for PayPal too.

I would imagine you could have your Square "direct deposit" into this account and it would be free.

Don