PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Tennessee.

FOX FIRE
07-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Just say'n hey ya'll, been lurk'n for a while & thought it would be a good place to learn so I decided to register, figured to practice on my vehicles untill I'm confident enuff to venture out for some weekend work.

Question...is ther a thread for cleaning interior ? maybe I've over looked it, reason is my daughter had a car gave to her & the interior has mold/mildew all over it, looked like a good place to learn something.

Flash Gordon
07-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Just say'n hey ya'll, been lurk'n for a while & thought it would be a good place to learn so I decided to register, figured to practice on my vehicles untill I'm confident enuff to venture out for some weekend work.

Question...is ther a thread for cleaning interior ? maybe I've over looked it, reason is my daughter had a car gave to her & the interior has mold/mildew all over it, looked like a good place to learn something.

I know of no specific threads, the mold subject has been touched on briefly before though. I've had 2 mold cars this year alone. My approach is to tear the interior out, clean throughly, then put everything back together. Taking pictures of where everything goes helps alot too. I had zero extra nuts/bolts/washers left over on either of the 2 I did

You could also try the "SEARCH" feature, and just type in "MOLD"

* Mold Spores spread like crazy

Welcome from Memphis. Whats your location?

Shane731
07-20-2011, 08:24 PM
:welcome: from Knoxville (specifically the Powell area). Where are you located?

FOX FIRE
07-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanx for the wave of the hand fellow volunteer, I'm located about an hour west of Chattanooga, in the middle of nowher.

Also thanx for the input on the mold/mildew issue, so far I havent found a lot of info on it but still look'n.

At this point I'm debate'n if the car(97 Prelude) is actually worth spend'n anymore money on, it was a gift from her sister who didnt show the little car much mecry, although its held up like a champ it needs work/repairs in sevral areas, & since it now has mold all over the interior (thanks to moon roof drain holes being stopped up) I dont know if I can get it clean enuff, dont liek the idea of her breathing any reoccurring spores.