PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a pad cleaning brush?

Lone_Star
01-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Well, trying to see if I even need one. it doesn't seem from what I have read if I should order one. If so, should I get the duo spur, or just the yellow plastic one. If I don't need to, my bank account will thank me!!!!!!!!!

FloridaNative
01-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Although it is a helpful tool, it's really not necessary since your getting the XMT. That XMT pad cleaner is da bomb. You just spray it on the pad rub it in a little bit and then rinse the pad well under running water and presto. Squeeze out the excess water and pop it back on the PC and spin it dry and you're good to go again. :)

Lone_Star
01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
SWEET! Good to know. Since im getting the edge pads, and can switch them over, do I need to do anything for the one side that has polish on it but is now on the side drying. Does this make sense?

trl2112
01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I do not own 1. Too many other products to spend money on.

Lone_Star
01-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Thats what I was thinking. But since I am a noob, I wanted to make sure.

FloridaNative
01-26-2007, 02:43 PM
SWEET! Good to know. Since im getting the edge pads, and can switch them over, do I need to do anything for the one side that has polish on it but is now on the side drying. Does this make sense?

I let one side get caked and then flip it over and keep going and when both sides get caked I spritz it with the XMT pad cleaner, wash it out, spin it dry and keep going. :)

Nuke33
01-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Would an old tooth brush work or would that be to aggressive?

Lone_Star
01-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Good thought Nuke

3Dog
01-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes it will work fine.......Never throw away old toothbrushes, you can always find a use for them.

Nica
01-27-2007, 12:02 PM

Yup, that is how I clean my pads.

Hey FloridaNative I was even thinking of purchasing extra pads because once I start detailing I rather just continue. Not having to stop wash the pad and then proceed...mind you it's only a few seconds :D