PDA

View Full Version : Topping #845? + Timing?

NYCLR3
07-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I searched around, and have been reading a bunch. I recently posted my amateur detailing of my new family hauler. Now I am going to ask the amazing collective brain trust of this forum, you have not let me down yet. Here is what I did and where can I go (bit badly by the forum/product bug):

Wash
Griots Clay
Griots Speedshine
Zaino Z5

I have been reading that 845 could be a hybrid, is it worth topping my silver GL450 with supernatural, p21s? I know, I am needy, but lastly how long after my intial process can I apply something else without having to strip off the old products? Can I go for a carnuba topping now?

parboy
07-20-2011, 05:48 PM
You can top 845 with your LSP (last step product) of choice. I would give the 845 12-24hrs to cure first. Or simply complete your process with the other products one weekend, then next weekend just wash and then put on the topper. That is usually what I do.

BobbyG
07-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Collinite 845 is a great wax and if I was to top it with anything it would be with an additional coat of itself....:props:

01GreyStangGT
07-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Collinite 845 is a great wax and if I was to top it with anything it would be with an additional coat of itself....:props:

+1:props:

NYCLR3
07-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys. I might just have to layer the #845 on itself, or I read on the forum that p21s concurs in great on silver. I will post some pics when I am done with either step. I used the 845 on the wheels, would I assume (I know what happens) that a simple wipe down of the rims would suffice or should I break out the wheel spray. The wheel spray will dissolve the wax faster?

Buckskincolt
07-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys. I might just have to layer the #845 on itself, or I read on the forum that p21s concurs in great on silver. I will post some pics when I am done with either step. I used the 845 on the wheels, would I assume (I know what happens) that a simple wipe down of the rims would suffice or should I break out the wheel spray. The wheel spray will dissolve the wax faster?

If you have a good coat or two of product on your wheels (845 is a great product) then all you should need to do is a normal wash:detailer: and the dirt and brake dust will clean right off, then when it starts to be a little more stubborn use the wheel cleaner again to get a nice clean wheel and re apply your wheel product. :buffing: