PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle explosion from Israeli satellite

Pages : [1] 2

Gary Sword
01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I received the following pictures in an email stating they were taken of the Columbia explosion from an Israeli satellite and thought they were amazing pictures.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/GaryBlake_Photos/ShuttleExplosion.jpg?t=1169834907
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/GaryBlake_Photos/ShuttleExplosion2.jpg?t=1169835036
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/GaryBlake_Photos/ShuttleExplosion3.jpg?t=1169835084
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/GaryBlake_Photos/ShuttleExplosion5.jpg?t=1169835140

Apprarently the pictures are fake. Amazing pictures real or not but they bring back some sad memories about it.

wytstang
01-26-2007, 01:16 PM
R.i.p :(

Nuke33
01-26-2007, 01:17 PM
:(

Bigfoot
01-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I beg to differ, but that is not from the Columbia shuttle. If we all remember, Columbia was destroyed while re-entering our atmosphere, not while on outer space, which is where this particular shuttle is being shown. Those pics are actually from the movie Armagedon, right on the begining, where there's communications between shuttle and Houston and then a meteor shower starts breaking everything and ends up destroying the craft and killing the crew.

But, this does not mean we should still pay or respect for those who died in that terrible accident on Feb. 1(??), 2003. May they rest in peace
Hope this helps to clarify...

Joey:cheers:

quantim0
01-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah those have to be fake. Columbia heated up the leading edge of its wing on re-entry. It just burned up, it didn't explode. These "photos" show the shuttle exploding from the engines forward. Also on re-entry the whole shuttle is basically a fireball. There is no way you'd be able to get a photo of it. Why is a satellite not looking at the Earth. I would imagine it's a spy satellite and what are the spying on in space. This screams fake.

Gary Sword
01-26-2007, 01:52 PM
I got the pictures in an email. I don't know if they are real or not but I thought they were amazing pictures.

2KLS1
01-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I beg to differ, but that is not from the Columbia shuttle. If we all remember, Columbia was destroyed while re-entering our atmosphere, not while on outer space, which is where this particular shuttle is being shown. Those pics are actually from the movie Armagedon, right on the begining, where there's communications between shuttle and Houston and then a meteor shower starts breaking everything and ends up destroying the craft and killing the crew.
BigFoot you hit the nail on the head. Thats exactly what I though as soon as I saw the pics. Hell the movie was on last night.

FloridaNative
01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Nope both the Challenger and the Columbia exploded inside of our atmosphere. :(

Lone_Star
01-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Still sad to see. My moms best friends was on Challenger, and my mom was there watching when it exploded. I do believe this was a shot from armageddon.

FloridaNative
01-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Still sad to see. My moms best friends was on Challenger, and my mom was there watching when it exploded. I do believe this was a shot from armageddon.

Wow! I remember when the Challenger was scheduled to launch. Being a Floridian, the space program is always a source of great pride for us and our teachers would always take us outside when their was a launch so that we could see it going up. With the Challenger, we talked about it for like a month before the actual launch. We wrote letters to the teacher and sent her a care package and we were all so excited about that particular launch. The whole school was outside to see it go up and we all watched it explode before our eyes. It was such a tragic day. I will never forget it. :(

Lone_Star
01-26-2007, 02:43 PM
My moms best friend was the teacher. I still remember watching it in school. And the nuns quickly shutting the tv off.

FloridaNative
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
My moms best friend was the teacher. I still remember watching it in school. And the nuns quickly shutting the tv off.

Wow! That must have been so horrible for your mom. :( But in my heart, that teacher and all the astronauts that died that day were heroes. It takes a brave person to risk all to go out into space.

Nuke33
01-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I was thinking that too but i wasnt sure

paradog
01-26-2007, 06:25 PM

But, this does not mean we should still pay or respect for those who died in that terrible accident on Feb. 1(??), 2003. May they rest in peace
Hope this helps to clarify...

Joey:cheers:

Well Said!

JSR
01-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Those pics are definetly Hollywood. Flame has a hard time propogating in space and Columbia did not have a lot of fuel left when she came in. Not to mention the speed she was doing.

That said it always amazes me that a bad street poet can get more rememberance than someone who risks their life in an effort to get our race off this planet