PDA

View Full Version : Tire and Wheel Detailers

mcpp66
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
What do you guys use? I'm looking for something that I can quickly spruce up the wheels and tires with that I can just spray and wipe? I've been using Meg's Wheel Detailer which has been fine, I'm just wondering if there's anything that might be better.

WindyCity
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
IMO there is No such thing as a good spray and rinse. I use an APC for the rims (bad ones get megs wheel brightener) APC for the wheel wells and usually belch-white for the tires, all require some type of scrubbing or agitation. Takes about 5 minutes per wheel (Tires, rims, and wheel well)

For dressing I use undercarriage spray for wheel wells and Meguiars dressing for the tires

Ted S.
07-19-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't know of anything "quick". But for the tires I use ARO. Perhaps a cleaner dedicated to the type of alloy will clean the rim the best.

Jenn1270
07-19-2011, 08:28 PM
What do you guys use? I'm looking for something that I can quickly spruce up the wheels and tires with that I can just spray and wipe? I've been using Meg's Wheel Detailer which has been fine, I'm just wondering if there's anything that might be better.

I keep mine sealed with Opti-seal or 845 and you can just wash them off with some waterless wash (DP or Optimum are great)

Jenn