PDA

View Full Version : Metro Vac an Blo Compact

Pages : [1] 2

bigaizsosexy
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Hey all,

I am thinking about purchasing a Metro Vac and Blo Compact and was curious what your thoughts about it are, that is if you have used one before. They are pretty expensive, but if they are worth it, so be it!!

Metro Vac N'BloŽ Portable Vacuum doubles as a powerful blower. Blow dry your car or motorcycle or vacuum your vehicle's interior with one Metro Vac N (http://www.autogeek.net/vacnbloporva.html)

Andrew

Mobile detail
07-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Its the quietest vacuum I have ever used. The suction is amazing. The only downside to it is you can't suck up napkins and bigger debris like you can with a shop vac type vacuum. The metro uses a bag system to collect debris. Not a big deal, but I do like being able to pick up bigger debris and not touching tissues with my hands. Also, I don't feel you could dry a car with the"blo" option. The output just isn't there. I use the master blaster for drying. Over all I am very happy with the metro. The compact size is great especially if your mobile. there is still a need for a shop vac, but the metro definitely has its place. Hope this helps.

pfix
07-19-2011, 07:17 PM
I disagree that you cant dry a car with it. To get maximum air volume and speed you need to remove the suction end cap, bag and filter. My Vac N Blow does a nice job of drying my cars. Is it as powerful as a Master Blaster? No, but it works just fine for me.

If the car has a good coat of wax or sealant it has plenty of power IMO.

alko
07-19-2011, 07:31 PM
I was fortunate enough to receive this as a gift for my birthday. I first used it as a blower on the rims, and cracks and crevices that normal MF drying can't reach. It works great! I think I would be there all day if I tried drying the entire car though. I finally used it over the weekend as a vac and it worked great. The nice compact size allows you to hand carry and put inside the vehicle. I do not recommend putting the wheels on because you can be vacuuming the interior and it will roll and hit your car (wheels do not have alot of tension). The vacuum is VERY powerful and will pick up alot of dirt. I absolutely love the micro tools that you can attach and use for the vents and other very hard to reach places. The only thing I do not like is one of the attachments, the carpet floor tool, came off twice. I wish they would have incorporated some kind of locking mechanism with the attachment. Bottom line is I love it. It beats going to the gas station and using the vacuum, only to find out that you're using a vacuum that someone previously used to vacuum up syrup....###?! (Sorry flash back).

Bunky
07-19-2011, 08:16 PM
It blows better if you just remove the intake endcap and the cloth and paper filter. There is still a foam filter. This use was ok'ed with Metro.

Harleyguy
07-19-2011, 08:23 PM
After spending weeks on which Metro to buy in the end you need to decide what your going to use it for more as a vacuum or more as a blower . If you only need a blower then the MB is the way to go if you want the Vac N Blow it also does an awesome job and if you use it as a blower as mentioned when using it as a blower remove everything including the end cap but leave the foam in . I called Metro to even ask them the best route to go . They are a great company to deal with and will answer any question you have , Just like AG they both are customer oriented.

bigaizsosexy
07-19-2011, 08:53 PM
I am looking for it as a vacuum only because I need something more mobile than a shop vac.

alko
07-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Then I think you've found your choice...its extremely mobile.

Flannigan
07-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Andrew, you won't be sorry with this purchase. It may be small (a plus in my mind) but it really has some power. I would choose this vacuum all day long compared to the shop vac I had before. This one has many more attachments, better suction, is more mobile, and is damn near silent compared to other vacuums. I use it on every interior detail I do, and don't think I could go back to using a shop vac. Also since it's attachments are smaller it's much easier to get into all the nooks and crannies of an interior. I think you will be very happy with this puchase! :props:

bigaizsosexy
07-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Andrew, you won't be sorry with this purchase. It may be small (a plus in my mind) but it really has some power. I would choose this vacuum all day long compared to the shop vac I had before. This one has many more attachments, better suction, is more mobile, and is damn near silent compared to other vacuums. I use it on every interior detail I do, and don't think I could go back to using a shop vac. Also since it's attachments are smaller it's much easier to get into all the nooks and crannies of an interior. I think you will be very happy with this puchase! :props:

I decided to order it last night, thank you for the review. I can't wait to try this metro vac on my next interior when I get home from vacation.

alko
07-20-2011, 08:22 AM
I decided to order it last night, thank you for the review. I can't wait to try this metro vac on my next interior when I get home from vacation.

:dblthumb2: you won't be disappointed!

unclestu
07-20-2011, 08:35 AM
I have the metro senior and I love it. For the most part I leave it hanging on the wall mount and it is almost as if I had a central vac system. The suction is great as well.

Metro Wall Mounted Vac N' BloŽ SR. is a large vacuum & blower unit that mounts to your garage wall for easy access during auto detailing. Vacuum your (http://www.autogeek.net/walmounvacnb.html)

It does serve as a blower however I refrain from using it to blow dry my cars. The reason that I do not like it as a blow dryer for the cars is because I found that it tended to blow onto the car what ever dust or dirt that might have been trapped in the crevasses of the hose. I use a dedicated leaf blower instead.

Good luck
Stu

bigaizsosexy
07-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys

alko
07-20-2011, 12:51 PM
No problem sir. The only thing you're going to have to do is get a bag for the vac and the attachments...I have a work duffle bag I can use.

bigaizsosexy
07-20-2011, 08:46 PM
No problem sir. The only thing you're going to have to do is get a bag for the vac and the attachments...I have a work duffle bag I can use.

I can see what you mean, as it comes with many attachments and goodies.