PDA

View Full Version : Bonding issue

Lone_Star
01-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Well I am now going to get the XMT intermediate swirl remover kit. I see it has the finishing glaze in the kit. Do I need to get wax/sealant to finish the job? Also, I believe I read you can do both wax and sealant. Suggestion/help appreciated.

supercharged
01-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Well I am now going to get the XMT intermediate swirl remover kit. I see it has the finishing glaze in the kit. Do I need to get wax/sealant to finish the job? Also, I believe I read you can do both wax and sealant. Suggestion/help appreciated.
If you are going to be using a glaze, then go ahead and top it off with pure carnauba wax. Sealant will not bond to glaze, or any other oils.
Or you could skip the glaze, and apply a coat of sealant. Let it cure for 12-24 hours and top it off with carnauba wax. This will get you maximum durability.

Good examples of pure carnauba wax are Pinnacle waxes, DP Max Wax, Poorboy's Natty's Blue, Collinite 845, 476S.

Sealants - 4* UPP, Wolfgang DGPS, Dp surface shield.

Good luck.

Lone_Star
01-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks supercharged. Exactly the response I was looking for.

2KLS1
01-26-2007, 02:21 PM
If you are going to be using a glaze, then go ahead and top it off with pure carnauba wax. Sealant will not bond to glaze, or any other oils.
Is this absolute? From what I've read this isn't always the case. I have read that Cleakote's Red Moose Glaze toped with Poorboy's EX-P is a good combo. Some brand have both a glaze and sealant that can work together.

FloridaNative
01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
While that is true with certain glazes and sealants, it is the exception. On the whole a sealant is not compatible with a glaze. In this case with the glaze being the XMT finishing glaze, he should not apply a sealant over it. As the glaze contains carnauba, the LSP should also be a carnauba. :)

turbos17
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Don't forget to add P21S...great stuff too!