PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys clean heavily soiled door jambs?

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
07-18-2011, 04:24 PM
What do you guys do? I hate door jams! I'll use my tornador sometimes, Ill use my steam cleaner sometimes(Although it dries supper fast) but usually I just use strong apc and a towel then go back over it with some quick detailer or spray some dp rinseless wash to take care of the streaks the apc created. Do any of you have a simple way to get these things clean when they are caked with dirt and grease?

Jimmie
07-18-2011, 04:50 PM
With car wash and a flood method rinse. I dry with the rest of the car, and usually follow up stubborn spots with APC. I've always used a spray sealant to finish it.
Above said I've also used degreaser when needed. It should probably be followed with a lube which I'm not sure I've always done.

Rav777
07-18-2011, 05:02 PM
What do you guys do? I hate door jams! I'll use my tornador sometimes, Ill use my steam cleaner sometimes(Although it dries supper fast) but usually I just use strong apc and a towel then go back over it with some quick detailer or spray some dp rinseless wash to take care of the streaks the apc created. Do any of you have a simple way to get these things clean when they are caked with dirt and grease?

I usually use ONR at QD strenght, but if it is really dirty I bust out the steam cleaner and some APC or Degreaser. However, this might be a pain (time consuming) if you are cleaning the jambs on a regular wash compared to a full detail.

catfish07
07-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I use an all purpose cleaner and then pressure wash the jams.. After the wash, I wipe them dry.. Like new!

ShineTimeDetail
07-18-2011, 06:18 PM
I use an all purpose cleaner and then pressure wash the jams.. After the wash, I wipe them dry.. Like new!

Don't you get quiet a bit of water all over the place pressure washing it?

C. Charles Hahn
07-18-2011, 06:18 PM
OPC agitated with a soft brush, blasted with the steamer and wiped dry.

ShineTimeDetail
07-18-2011, 06:19 PM

What kind of brush?

BobbyG
07-18-2011, 06:26 PM

Pretty much the same thing here.

Most all purpose cleaners will work well here and will break down and dissolve most grime making it "fairly" easy to clean.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-18-2011, 06:31 PM
OPC and a pressure washer. Really no scrubbing involved. :dblthumb2: A bit of a mess after, but it works.

LuxuryMobile
07-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I also presoak with an apc and then hit it with a pressure washer. If you use common sense there shouldn't be much mess. Do it before you wash the car obviously if your going to use this method.

C. Charles Hahn
07-18-2011, 06:51 PM
What kind of brush?

It depends on the type of dirt -- most of the time I use a toothbrush, but sometimes something that more resembles a pastry brush.

SRTSean
07-18-2011, 06:55 PM
I wash door jambs the same way I wash the outside of the car. Keep the hose on super low and angled away from the car and no water enters when rinsing.

ShineTimeDetail
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure I just think a pressure washer would get specks all over the door panel or the seats. Maybe I could try it.

catfish07
07-19-2011, 06:54 AM
I rarely get any water inside.. If I do it's nothing to dry off. It's all about angling it so the spray goes in the right direction. Door jams rarely take me more than 10 minutes from pre-spray, pressure wash and dry.

Ricky Cartagena
07-19-2011, 09:05 AM
While im washing the exterior i hit all the door jams with degreaser when really dirty let it sit for a minute pressure wash them at a correct angle and when im drying them i use optimum opti- clean leaves a nice shine behind and walaaaa! Oh when degreasing i agitate it a small brush just to get it perfect when drying the door jams... if there fairly clean all purpose cleaner is all you need!