PDA

View Full Version : Product Recommendation - Help

Moxie
01-26-2007, 08:30 AM
I am thinking of purchasing the following:

1. DP - Glass Restorer - I have pretty bad water spots on my windshield
2. DP - Total Internior cleaner - My wifes interior is very dirty so I need something strong that will work on leather and plastic.
3. DP - 4 in 1 - I need a rinseless wash for my boat so I can start cleaning for spring. It is stored indoors (heated storage) but very limited water availability.
4. Collinite 845 - For the boat and cars to get max durability

Also is there any issue with shipping these or any products to a very cold climate. It is about 12 degrees today and I do not want the products damaged if they sit outside during the shipping process.

I am looking for opinions and recommendations.

Thank you in advance for your help

BILL
01-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Also is there any issue with shipping these or any products to a very cold climate. It is about 12 degrees today and I do not want the products damaged if they sit outside during the shipping process.

GOOD POINT......9 DEGREES HERE.....:(

Gary Sword
01-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Moxie and Bill you guys really need to move to a warmer climate. I had some bad water spots on the glass on my dodge caravan from my sprinker system. I tried a lot of different products to get them off and nothing seem to work until I tried some Pinnacle Swirl Remover on them.

Nuke33
01-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Some nice prducts, at school here today its -7 right now at 9:30 am but i think it was like -15 this moning at 7. Talk about cold!

Kelso
01-26-2007, 06:20 PM
agreed with gary,etched in waterspots will likely need some actual polish, the glass restorer works best on newer spots, atleast thats how it was for me

justin_murphy
01-26-2007, 06:24 PM
I would suggest DP's Polishes and Interior Protectant.

The polishes are on sale for 9.99 a piece. The protectant is one of the best I've used to date.

D
01-26-2007, 06:40 PM
I love my DP total interior cleaner!

Moxie
01-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Thank you all for the repsonses. I will look into the DP polishes

Surfer
01-26-2007, 09:10 PM
agreed with gary,etched in waterspots will likely need some actual polish, the glass restorer works best on newer spots, atleast thats how it was for meYeh DP Glass Restorer only works on fresh spots, at least for me, pry the only product in the line thats dissapointing, good qd'er does as good a job on fresh waterspots as it does. AIO worked tons better on hard waterspots on glass. Etched spots that have been on there for a long time you can use #0000 steel wool or a fine polish, with the polish you gotta make sure you break it down as quite a few on other boards have caused marring on their glass (but they might have used products that were agressive).

Reddwarf
01-27-2007, 12:11 PM
I have and use the 1, 2, and 3 products you listed. All are great. However, Like Sufer said the glass restorer may not solve the old water spots. I have had good results with the glas restorer, but there are still spots on my windshield.

The DP interior cleaner is great! As is the 4 in 1.

2KLS1
01-27-2007, 02:00 PM
As far as the glass restorer it depends on how long you've had the spots. I've been using it to remove some water spots that have been there at least a month, some of them longer. Its done a pretty good job so far. I use it with a PC and an orange pad. The 4-in-1 is great. It sure beats having to pull out the hose and stuff just to remove a little bit of dirt and dust.