PDA

View Full Version : Package damaged in transit! What now?

Pages : [1] 2

2kredbb6
07-18-2011, 10:33 AM
So today I was wondering what time my package would arrive, an I read this:eek:

"The package was damaged in transit. UPS will notify the sender with the details. / Damaged merchandise discarded, balance being returned. UPS will notify the sender with the details"

What happens now?
Feed back please

Nick McKees37
07-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Give us a call and have your order number handy. :props:

1-800-869-3011

BobbyG
07-18-2011, 10:44 AM
So today I was wondering what time my package would arrive, an I read this:eek:

"The package was damaged in transit. UPS will notify the sender with the details. / Damaged merchandise discarded, balance being returned. UPS will notify the sender with the details"

What happens now?
Feed back please

Is it me or has the frequency of "damaged in transit" occurrences gone up lately? I dunno but I think some folks in UPS are on track for one of the best detailing collections for 2011...:laughing:

Nick will take care of this I'm certain...or he'll call Meghan...or Penny....:laughing: :laughing:

2kredbb6
07-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Is it me or has the frequency of "damaged in transit" occurrences gone up lately? I dunno but I think some folks in UPS are on track for one of the best detailing collections for 2011...:laughing:

Nick will take care of this I'm certain...or he'll call Meghan...or Penny....:laughing: :laughing:

You know I have ordered about 10 or 15x time from auto geek never had this issue till now.. I guess the Word got out about AG :dblthumb2:

Nick Thank you guys, Once i get home and open up my package I'll have my info ready.

This is why AG is #1 in my book..

Nick McKees37
07-18-2011, 11:02 AM
With the amount of packages that leave this building on a daily basis, a damage every now and then is inevitable. Quality is something that's constantly improved upon and it's something that has never been overlooked. :props:

XLNTShine
07-18-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree of the handful of orders I have placed with AG I have had two with damage. One had product leaking all over the place. The other came with some of my stuff and some white art paint from another company. So 2-5... kinda stinks. I also had the same thing happe with an order for PAC during the 25% thing and all my liquid products were missing and the box was re-taped by UPS.

These guys must know what to look for and "Drop" these packages while loading them. Somehow I dont think my local FedEx would do any better.

BTW I am 100% sure AG will make it right!!

zilla
07-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow... that means they f'd up the box/gear inside and they know it. I've sent literally 1000's of items via UPS and never seen that message before. :)

Cool that they're owning up to it immediately.

Twister
07-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I haven't really had a problem but I have had a few boxes that looked like they were used for a game of soccer. Good thing only microfiber items were in it

Nozama
07-18-2011, 11:45 AM
You know I have ordered about 10 or 15x time from auto geek never had this issue till now.. I guess the Word got out about AG :dblthumb2:

Nick Thank you guys, Once i get home and open up my package I'll have my info ready.

This is why AG is #1 in my book..

You'll probably just want to look at your order confirmation for the order id, the statement from UPS says the damaged is being discarded and the balance returned to sender. You shouldn't get a package.

erock
07-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Is it me or has the frequency of "damaged in transit" occurrences gone up lately? I dunno but I think some folks in UPS are on track for one of the best detailing collections for 2011...

Nick will take care of this I'm certain...or he'll call Meghan...or Penny....

Theres probably a lot of really shiney cars in the parking lot at the depot...lol

WRAPT C5Z06
07-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Theres probably a lot of really shiney cars in the parking lot at the depot...lol
:laughing:

Peaky85
07-18-2011, 12:44 PM
I won't say it doesn't happen, but, that is a very good job (good pay, great benefit's) to lose over a few dollars of miscelaneous products here and there

Jhaight11
07-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Is it me or has the frequency of "damaged in transit" occurrences gone up lately? I dunno but I think some folks in UPS are on track for one of the best detailing collections for 2011...
i remember reading about a postal worker stealing gamefly games. i think he had over 200+ games or something.

davidc
07-18-2011, 04:03 PM
My last AGO order was the same way. Had to wait another week for another shipment. I recently ordered some Zaino stuff and the box looked like it was used in the World Cup soccer tournament. That was 2 packages in a row. Some body at UPS apparently has a temper tantrum problem. Dave

2kredbb6
07-18-2011, 04:22 PM
You'll probably just want to look at your order confirmation for the order id, the statement from UPS says the damaged is being discarded and the balance returned to sender. You shouldn't get a package.

Chicago, IL, United States
07/18/201 6:46 A.M. Out For Delivery
07/18/2011 6:19 A.M. The package was damaged in transit. UPS will notify the sender with the details. / Damaged merchandise discarded, balance being returned. UPS will notify the sender with the details.

It still says out for delivery.. We'll see what happens from this point on.