PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 = AMAZING! ADDED PICS!

ObsessiveAutoDetail
07-17-2011, 07:14 PM
So I finally decided to apply the Opti-Coat 2.0 to my 2010 Kia Forte, Clear White in color. I washed, IronX'd, clayed, 205 on a white Kompressor on the Makita, followed with PO87 on a red Hydro-Tech on the Makita. Those steps alone made that white look better than I had ever seen white look. Then.... The Opti-Coat. I was a little put off by some of the talk about thick spots, streaks and such... but in reality, if you take your time, go thin... THIS STUFF IS EASY TO APPLY!

I know... PICTURES! Face it... it's white. I am trying to get a money shot to show just how good it looks...

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q413/isus_photo/IMG_4715.jpg

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q413/isus_photo/IMG_4714.jpg

Rei86
07-17-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm glade you're enjoying it. I've been a bit timid and lazy in using mine on my vehicle.

How was the application process? Was it really easy, or was it a bit difficult?

ObsessiveAutoDetail
07-17-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm glade you're enjoying it. I've been a bit timid and lazy in using mine on my vehicle.

How was the application process? Was it really easy, or was it a bit difficult?

It was a bit intimidating I would say... probably because of the whole "permanent coating" stigma... "what if I mess up"... and of course, it's relatively new to the scene. Let me tell you, if you perform perfect surface prep, apply thin thin thin and take your time... it easy if not easier than applying a traditional sealant. Seriously.

C. Charles Hahn
07-17-2011, 09:16 PM
It was a bit intimidating I would say... probably because of the whole "permanent coating" stigma... "what if I mess up"... and of course, it's relatively new to the scene. Let me tell you, if you perform perfect surface prep, apply thin thin thin and take your time... it easy if not easier than applying a traditional sealant. Seriously.

Agreed... and your car came out great! :props: