PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker, first time poster...

Pages : [1] 2

orama
01-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Hello, all... been peaking around here a while and finally decided to join the ranks. Been detailing my family cars for some time now with OTC stuff and a couple boutique items, but now it's time to crank it up a notch by rounding out my arsenal with professional products and tips from you pros.

First off, I'd like to find the $'s to make it to the upcoming detail fest. Certainly sounds like a good time to learn and meet some infamous people (Max, Meghan, Justin, Killr), learn some techniques and pick up some good products!

Secondly, here are some thoughts I have about a line up of products. If you hafe some thoughts about these or alternatives let me know. I know lots of people end up getting lots of differents sealants, waxes, polishes, washes, etc, to use based on the color of car, magnatude of corrections needed, etc, but I just want a good, solid product set that will do me really well instead of breaking the bank and getting 1 of everything. I have black, red and yellow cars with some swirling, and what I want is kick butt shine and decent durabilty. I hope to be rewaxing every few weeks and QD'ing weekly inbetween.

What I am thinking about is this
PC w/set of LC or Edge Pads
Wash: PB SSW
Swirl Removers/Polish: XMT #1, #2, #3
Glaze: WG Finishing Glaze
Sealant: WG DG Sealant
Wax: Max Wax (may do Souveran if I can swing the extra bux)
QD: Crystal Mist
Other: DP 4-1, bucket guard, some applicators,...

Be good, be kind and be faithful...
Oh

bambo2888
01-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Welcome. You've got a nice set of products there. Many can vouch for all of them, while I can only say that XMT and the LC pads are very good choices, especially for their price ranges.

Good luck, you'll love it here.

P1et
01-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the team, this place is very addicting and hosts a grand wealth of information!

Truls
01-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Sounds like a good line up, i would go for the EDGE pads, they are great. Also been impressed with the DuraGloss products too. the DG 101 is WET.

ShMitt W/Y and black, Guzzler and cobra MFs is also "must have"

And welcome to the addiction of detailing, and to AG

Nuke33
01-25-2007, 08:39 PM
welcome to the forum and dont forget to post pics!

abrcrombe
01-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Welcome

JSR
01-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Clay & Lube????
DP Clay with the 4n1 lube mix works adequately
Welcome!

Strokin04
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
You will love DP 4-in-1 it is a awesome product and I second what Truls says diffently add the guzzler to your list. Mike...

FloridaNative
01-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the forums. I'm glad you decided to join the family. :) You have a really good list there. The only thing I would say is that XMT 1 and WG finishing glaze are both finishing polishes. You could really go with one or the other and save the cash to put towards a jar of Souveran paste. It's really worth it on a black and red car. :)

ltoman
01-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Welcome!!!

WARNING: Visiting this site is ADDICTIVE, and causes OCD behaviors that make your friends and family want to put you on meds . . . or at least take your name off the bank account!!!

Lauren
Confessed Addict

Strokin04
01-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Welcome!!!

WARNING: Visiting this site is ADDICTIVE, and causes OCD behaviors that make your friends and family want to put you on meds . . . or at least take your name off the bank account!!!

Lauren
Confessed Addict

This really should be a warning that is used on the AG site because it is very true for most. Like me, Mike...

wytstang
01-26-2007, 12:34 AM
What I am thinking about is this
PC w/set of LC or Edge Pads-My pick would be edge pads I just recently had a chance to use them (owned them for months) and way better then the old backing plate and velco.
Wash: PB SSW-Cheaper alternative yet just as effective is Megs Gold glass (can be had local)
Swirl Removers/Polish: XMT #1, #2, #3-Optimum is also a great choice
Glaze: WG Finishing Glaze-Poorboys Polish with carnuaba is also an alternative (if using a sealant disregard as they can not bond to carnuaba)
Sealant: WG DG Sealant-Love WG DGS very very east to use and looks awesome.
Wax: Max Wax (may do Souveran if I can swing the extra bux)-Love MaxWax and Poorboys Nattys Blue wax
QD: Crystal Mist
Other: DP 4-1, bucket guard, some applicators,...

Be good, be kind and be faithful...
Oh
Made some suggestions

Jimmie
01-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Welcome. Good list that you've tallied. You'll feel better about using all of those products with a good supply of Microfiber (Guzzler, Jr's, Glass, Indigo).

orama
01-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Thank you for the Welcomes and the suggestions. Addiction, at the AGO level, is something I am affraid of as I see what it has done to all of you :p

Yep, I'll get some DP clay, too.

XMT 1 or WG Finishing Glaze????

Duragloss AW or Crystal Mist - Which do you think will be better over Max Wax for looks?

Be good, be kind, be faithful...
Oh

justin_murphy
01-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Welcome aboard bro!!!

We are a family here. Hope you don't mind that. We sometimes get one another's nerves but in 20 minutes.......we are over it! Just so much to learn here. I learn something new everyday.

For drying you can't beat the Guzzler and they are on a 50% off sale now at only 19.99 a piece. I use 4-in-1 as a rinseless wash, clay lube, and quick detailer. I added a shot of Final Gloss booster to my QD mix. UNBELIEVABLE!

Again,
Welcome!!!