PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Top Protectant Run-off Problem

bigjay
04-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I Have Two Convertibles And An El Camino With A Vinyl Tonneau Cover For The Pick-up Bed. I Have Tried Every Kind Of Protectant For These Vinyl Tops And Most Recently I Purchased Raggtopp Protectant From Autogeek. I Treated Them This Week Exactly As Directed Including Using Their Cleaner According To Instructions. In The Past Two Days We Have Had Two Inches Of Rain And Now, As Always, I Have Streaks Running Down On The Paint Of All The Vehicles Where The Protectant Has Washed Off And Run Down. I Have Pictures Of These If Anyone Would Like To See It. Neither Vehicle Was Driven Out Of My Driveway Between The Time I Put The Raggtopp On And Now.

What Can I Buy That Will Not Do This? I Am Really Disgusted As I Have Asked Several People About It And Every Time, Someone Says You Should Try This Product - I Have And It Just Does Not Get Any Better. I May As Well Stick With The Old "son Of A Gun" At $ 4.00 A Bottle And Save My Money.

MikeyC
04-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I've used several products without any run-off issues (Ragg Topp is my current favorite). Can you tell us about your application process? Maybe that is the issue.

joe.p
04-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Good Question:Can you use PBS NL on vinyl without experiencing run off on the paint.I remember AA causing this to happen. when used on the old vinyl tops.

bigjay
04-28-2006, 08:22 PM
As for how I used Ragg Topp, I sprayed it onto the convertilbe top and used a sponge to spread it and work it into the fabric. It had several hours of hot sunshine to dry it before dark and of course we had rain the next morning.

bigjay
04-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Good Question:Can you use PBS NL on vinyl without experiencing run off on the paint.I remember AA causing this to happen. when used on the old vinyl tops.

Sorry but I do not know what PBS NL is. Can you help me with this?

SVTContour
04-28-2006, 08:32 PM
PB NL is Poorboy's Natural Look