PDA

View Full Version : Best sheeting LSP?

05RLS2
07-17-2011, 02:16 PM
From you alls findings, what do you all think is the best LSP that will sheet water off a vehicle, such as after being exposed to rain and storms? I could care less out the sheeting action when holding an open end hose up to it, but something that will sheet off water from the elements asap. I also do not want something that beads up tall and all over the place.

I know that OptiCoat 2.0 and CQuartz are some of the best out there, but there are more of a longer lasting permanent style coating. For now, I am just looking for something that I can apply in liquid wax or sealant form.

I may be asking for too much other than not applying a LSP at all, but is there anything out there like this that exists?

How does something like Poorboys EX P compare to what I am looking for?

FUNX650
07-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Meguiar's, for one, has LSP products so formulated. A 'visit' to AGO's consultants will probably be of assistance in this matter, if you are interested.

IMO....Most sealants offer sheeting characteristics, as well.

Bob

BobbyG
07-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Corey did a test recently and Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 seemed to be the winner for sheeting action..:props:

yakky
07-17-2011, 05:09 PM
All of the optimum sealants have strong sheeting action. Optiseal should work well for you.

Old Tiger
07-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I agree with Bobby! It isnt close eitther with products sold by AG.

Rsurfer
07-17-2011, 05:29 PM
All of the optimum sealants have strong sheeting action. Optiseal should work well for you.
Sorry, I've not experienced that after a rain. Sheet/sheeting is that even a word?

05RLS2
07-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Corey did a test recently and Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 seemed to be the winner for sheeting action..:props:
Yeah I have seen that, but since the Opticoat is more of a permanent coating they reccomend polishing before applying it. I eventually plan on going this route, but finding the time to polish my car to perfection standards has been hard as of lately. I am just looking for a temporary soultion that I can apply for now, even if it is every couple of months

FUNX650
07-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah I have seen that, but since the Opticoat is more of a permanent coating they reccomend polishing before applying it. I eventually plan on going this route, but finding the time to polish my car to perfection standards has been hard as of lately. I am just looking for a temporary soultion that I can apply for now, even if it is every couple of months

Then some of Meguiar's LSPs should satisfy that need.:xyxthumbs:

I'm not an etymologist, but when either the word sheet, or sheeting, (sheet/sheeting), is used to describe certain water characteristics, it could possibly be referring to water that exibits having a thermocline effect. [In other words, a layer (sheet) of water between two dynamic temperature extremes]. Then again, it may not. Just my guess-timation. What a blessing it would be if an hydrologist could chime in with his/her expertise on this subject matter!

Most individuals have their own preferrences in LSPs. So Good Luck, OP, in what your searching for. :)

Bob

yakky
07-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry, I've not experienced that after a rain. Sheet/sheeting is that even a word?

Well, perhaps you could suggest a better product. Nothing short of Menzerna FMJ has shed more water for me. And I think FMJ was just dead after a few weeks.

As to sheet/sheeting, not sure if you are trying to be funny or what, but that term is widely used, even on the box of some widely available products such as dish soap.

http://www.janilink.com/img/p/O/Cascade-Sheeting-Action-dish-laundry-detergent.jpg