PDA

View Full Version : Ok experts , why the warning labels ?

Pontiacfan
07-16-2011, 09:58 PM
I bought the Poorboys Natual dressing offered on this last weeks BOGO. I love the ease of use and it smells great. I offered to detail my dads Mercedes Benz today. Got the interior all cleaned up , he likes the shiney look so I did not wipe off the Natual look , just leaft it on for the shiney look. After he went on his happy way , I notice the back of the bottle says to use in an inconspicous area first , and that they arent responsible for anything. Got me to worring. Why do they do this ? Is my dads car sitting in his garage right now with a leather interior chaning colors ? Is the dash bubbling and smoking ?? OMG , I am stressing out !! Joking a little , but I really am the paranoid type , so whats up with this ? Do I have a reason to be worried ?

S2K
07-16-2011, 10:06 PM
I've seen this on a lot of different products used for a whole variety of things. I think it is more of a disclaimer to cya in case some material is not compatible with a product.

Pontiacfan
07-16-2011, 10:18 PM
O boy , I hope his material is compatable with their product. Tomorrow I am going to have to sneak out in his garage and check on it...that wont seem suspicious at all , lol.

LegacyGT
07-16-2011, 11:26 PM
98% chance there is no problem, just a CYA because it is impossible to test every material and they do not want to be liable for someone's stupidity.

tuscarora dave
07-16-2011, 11:38 PM
I had used all Poorboy's World products for a long time and none of them are going to hurt your dad's car. You can stop worrying. Poorboy's World makes safe products.

FUNX650
07-17-2011, 07:13 AM
We live in a very litigious society. As such, most products carry warning labels to try to ward off: Product Liability Lawsuits.

But with us being inundated with so many of these Warnings, most are actually ignored, until, that is, some unexpected results happen.

Note: You may contact my attorney if displeased with this answer to your question. He works for that prestigious New York law firm: Dewey, Skruem, and Howe. :D

Bob

BobbyG
07-17-2011, 07:25 AM
We live in a very litigious society. As such, most products carry warning labels to try to ward off: Product Liability Lawsuits.

But with us being inundated with so many of these Warnings, most are actually ignored, until, that is, some unexpected results happen.

Note: You may contact my attorney if displeased with this answer to your question. He works for that prestigious New York law firm: Dewey, Skruem, and Howe. :D

Bob

Give this man a Cigar, we have a winner!!

Pontiacfan
07-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Cool , thanks guys. I knew I could count on someone knowing the answers..