PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Pilot Correction

sillybinaries
07-16-2011, 03:53 PM
First and for most I would like to thank everyone out in the AG community that got me going on my first detail. I have learned many things but the first two that are the most resounding are:

Black is not a color, it is a JOB.
This is not too bad of a weight loss program :buffing:
Okay and three, WOW to the results

I wish I had taken prior pics, but didn’t think about it until the end when I thought, hey many people ask questions, but most don’t ever reply. So at least I got the final pics.

My 2010 Pilot had many light scratches and swirl marks, for the most part they are gone.

I used the following:

· Griots DA w/ 5.5 BP and Flat pads
· Washed w/ 901
· Mothers clay
· Ultimate QD as lube
· Stripped the wax w/ 3:1 of OPC
· Paint correction w/ Ultimate Compound w/ white pad
· Polished w/ Ultimate Polish w/ black pad
· Sealed with PowerLock w/ blue pad
· Topped w/ 845 w/blue pad
· Endurance for the tires

Observations:

To those that do this for a living, god bless ya you bust your a$$ for a living
Griots is a great machine, this is the first time I used a DA
Ultimate compound is very easy to use
Ultimate polish is a bit of a PITA, but does a good job with some time
Powerlock is a dream, however I was a bit worried as it seemed to mute the color a bit, but the next morning it was glowing
845 – ummmm, when they say thin, they mean thin.. Used QD to help me out with a few spots.

Over all I am very pleased, now need to get going on the wife’s CRV… but think I need some beer recovery time.

Pictures are attached. The last picture is my favorite! :dblthumb2:

Peace!
Rene

Jenn1270
07-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Nice job. I really like the reflection shot.

Jenn

guess23959
07-16-2011, 05:26 PM
i wish i had money to make my black look like that. i cant afford it.

Shane731
07-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Looks good! Although your pictures are rather small. Also, just as an FYI, Ultimate Quik Detailer is not recommended as a clay lube. For the price, get Dodo Juice Born Slippy (http://www.autogeek.net/born-slippy-clay-lube.html). This is the absolutely best clay lube I have ever used. Plus it's concentrate, so you can get quite a bit out of one little bottle. :xyxthumbs:

shoeless89
07-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Great job man! I just use the regular QD for clay lube. Ill probably buy some born slippy on my next order but I go through products so much anymore I like the convenience of QD since its OTC. Just my 2 cents

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Good job on the detail or should I say "job"? I have two jobs that I have to maintain but nothing looks better than a properly taken care of black vehicle. See my sig.