PDA

View Full Version : Left handed users

trerc
07-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I am looking at the Flex machines and was wanting some feedback from left handed users, to me it doesn't look like the flex was built with left handed people in mind, any leftys using this machine that can chime in with their experience?

CrownKote
07-16-2011, 04:15 PM
I am looking at the Flex machines and was wanting some feedback from left handed users, to me it doesn't look like the flex was built with left handed people in mind, any leftys using this machine that can chime in with their experience?

Welcome to the Geek!

My wife is a lefty and I have been teaching her to use the Flex PE14-2 and she says that she likes to use it like I do more than with her left hand on the handle... But I tend to use it with either hand on the trigger... I don't use a bail or handle on the head I use the head for control...

trerc
07-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks, I have used Milwaukee polishers in the past and know that they are quite comfortable to use. The Flex looks like a totally different design so I just wanted some opinions from users.

C. Charles Hahn
07-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Lefty here... I've got two Flex polishers (3401 DA, 3403 rotary) and both are plenty comfortable to use.

trerc
07-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Lefty here... I've got two Flex polishers (3401 DA, 3403 rotary) and both are plenty comfortable to use.

Do you like the 3403? That is one that I'm interested in. I like that and the Makita. I know the Makita to be a much heavier polisher but the weight is not too much of a concern. This will be for my own personal use mainly used on my personal vehicles.

C. Charles Hahn
07-16-2011, 09:25 PM
I mainly use mine for spot correction with 3" or 4" pads, and it's a great machine in that capacity. I have used 7" wool pads on it before as well and it does a pretty good job, but I wouldn't want to run it for any marathon sessions with that large of a pad.

cutter
07-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Lefty here and the Flex is very comfortable to use.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
07-16-2011, 10:56 PM
In this right-handed world, This lefty has learned to use my Makita rotary right handed. I can actually use either hand and I am just as good no matter which hand I use... (Please keep perverted comments to yourself)

C. Charles Hahn
07-16-2011, 11:22 PM
In this right-handed world, This lefty has learned to use my Makita rotary right handed. I can actually use either hand and I am just as good no matter which hand I use... (Please keep perverted comments to yourself)

Just remember, us lefties are the only ones who are in our right minds while polishing :laughing:

trerc
07-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Just remember, us lefties are the only ones who are in our right minds while polishing :laughing:

Like I always say, If you want it done right, do it left handed. :xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
07-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Like I always say, If you want it done right, do it left handed. :xyxthumbs:

Mostly a right-handed person here. Afraid I can't be much help in answering your question. Although, I tend to keep a close look-out for, and try to avoid, folks that smoke those left-handed cigarettes! :D

Bob