PDA

View Full Version : Good Plastic Polish For Weathered Convertible Windows?

WRAPT C5Z06
07-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Meguirs PlatsX with a polishing pad and DA? Any other recommendations?

FUNX650
07-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Meguirs PlatsX with a polishing pad and DA? Any other recommendations?

Mark...I've used this combo before with excellent results. I'm sure other forum members will have some other suggestions as well. :)

MEGUIARS #17 & #10 Auto Plastic Cleaner & Plastic Polish: Clean and clarify clear plastic automotive surfaces with meguiars plastic care detailing (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars1017.html)

I try to remember that these plastic windows are usually very scratch-prone and use of a too aggressive cleaner/polish can induce irrepairable results. Also, internal imperfections of the plastic window itself usually are "un-detailable".

Bob

CrownKote
07-16-2011, 03:35 PM
I have been using PlastX and the DynaCone from Megs that comes in the wheel polishing kit... Works great on my Z3 rear plastic!

And the DynaCone is so versatile!

richy
07-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Mark, I've used this with a DA a few times with good results on ragtops:

Duragloss #681, Duragloss PLP (Plastic Lens Polish) (http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=300)

Mike Phillips
07-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Meguiar's PlastX with a polishing pad and DA? Any other recommendations?

The PlastX actually works pretty good by hand or machine.

Be careful to tape off any vinyl or cloth surrounding the window so you don't impact plastic polish into the weave of the vinyl or cloth material. Tape it off before you dress it with any type of dressing or your tape won't stick.

:)

S2K
07-16-2011, 08:55 PM
The PlastX actually works pretty good by hand or machine.

Be careful to tape off any vinyl or cloth surrounding the window so you don't impact plastic polish into the weave of the vinyl or cloth material. Tape it off before you dress it with any type of dressing or your tape won't stick.

:)
If using this with a DA what pad? If using by hand what media?

Dr Oldz
07-16-2011, 08:56 PM
PlastX is the best I have found thus far.