PDA

View Full Version : need some opinions guys

budinsc
07-16-2011, 07:46 AM
once a desired finish is established on a vehicle is it ok to use a california car duster or one from turtle wax between washings to remove only dust, pollen, etc.? i certainly would not want to create more micro scratches after all the time and labor to get a finish completed. both above companies state their products impregnated wax will prevent maring a finish.

thanks for your thoughts!

budFeed back please

CrownKote
07-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Personally I like the CCD they are good for a quick dust off but the key to using it is to bairly let the fibers brush the car... don't set the head on the car and drag it across the finish that is when people come into trouble with them...

BillE
07-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Totally agree with Chris!

Bill

budinsc
07-16-2011, 10:45 AM
tks guys. appreciate the help.

bud

sabrina
09-05-2011, 02:42 AM
I agree with Chris ideas.

BobbyG
09-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Even though some recommend against using them I have one and as long its only light dust it works well....:props:

CrownKote
09-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Even though some recommend against using them I have one and as long its only light dust it works well....:props:

Same here!

FUNX650
09-05-2011, 09:11 AM
-I've never been a fan of the the CCDuster, or similar dusters, for dusting on the exterior paint of vehicles....for the dash and other interior surfaces though....perhaps.

-Recommendations to use these types of dusters on only the lightest of the lightest dust may be true, but if the dust is that light, shouldn't most of it be removed by the breeze as one drives? I would be tempted to propose:
-How 'attached' (stuck to?) is the dust if it happens to be on a waxed surface vs. using a sealant or coating? And, also, how does the vehicle's surface temperature come into play?

-How about their use at car shows:
-I despise being parked next to some inconsiderate buffoons that decide this is the most opportune moment to "clean" their CCD by executing a good 'rapping', as I observe their dust waft towards my vehicle. (But that's OK....since some of my "QD overspray" will then seem to always find a direct pathway to their vehicle....OOOPPS :D) Plus I enjoy looking at their vehicles' dust-free blemishes.

-I just could never understand how an oily cotton fiber gets better when there's more dirt and grit on it. :confused:

Just my opinion. :)

Bob

novaman
09-05-2011, 09:32 AM
once a desired finish is established on a vehicle is it ok to use a california car duster or one from turtle wax between washings to remove only dust, pollen, etc.? i certainly would not want to create more micro scratches after all the time and labor to get a finish completed. both above companies state their products impregnated wax will prevent maring a finish.

thanks for your thoughts!

budFeed back pleasePersonally, I would never use one of these dusters. On a vehicle that is a daily driver, or if you don't really car about the car finish they might be ok. However, on any auto with pristine paint job or show cars I find that these dusters have a tendency to leave streaks on your finish. I believe it's the wax or what ever it is they use on these dusters to help attract dust. Quick detailers are always the best bet for removing dust.

novaman

2kredbb6
09-05-2011, 10:56 AM
CCD are great if used properly, LIGHT swipes across So LIGHT that you might have to go over the same spot 2 or 3 times.

People tend to plop the CCD on the paint and hand pressure it across the paint "OUCH" thats a no no....