PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner, Dressing, and Protectant

tmoney82
07-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Can anyone explain the use or difference in these three for interior use? For example, is a dressing and protectant similar, but just called different?

BobbyG
07-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Can anyone explain the use or difference in these three for interior use? For example, is a dressing and protectant similar, but just called different?

Anyone can put a product on the market and call it virtually anything they wish. A catchy word or phrase believed to have an edge over their competition that could result in additional sales and profit.

"Clearly the best on the market today"
"Longest lasting"

I'm not implying that there isn't some degree of truth. Some products "may" contain UV inhibitors while others may not.

I think most are similar giving varying results proving that one's superior to the other but in the end it's about what works for you.

Examples:

Heavy Duty
Super Duty
Extreme Duty
Deluxe
Super Deluxe

Bottom line is I don't put allot of stock in buzzwords or what they call themselves.

Bunky
07-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Bottom line is I don't put allot of stock in buzzwords or what they call themselves.

Can I interest you in a commercial, professional, or industrial product?

dougaross
07-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Anyone can put a product on the market and call it virtually anything they wish. A catchy word or phrase believed to have an edge over their competition that could result in additional sales and profit.

"Longest lasting"

I'm not implying that there isn't some degree of truth. Some products "may" contain UV inhibitors while others may not.

I am going to call my new product "Fred". I am sure it will a big seller.

tmoney82
07-16-2011, 07:49 AM

"Longest lasting"

I think most are similar giving varying results proving that one's superior to the other but in the end it's about what works for you.

Examples:

Heavy Duty
Super Duty
Extreme Duty
Deluxe
Super Deluxe

So basically, they are similar, with different names. Gotcha!