PDA

View Full Version : Megs Wheel Brightener Compared to a DEGREASER

bigaizsosexy
07-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Now my question is pretty simple, would you consider Megs Wheel Brightener to be more like your store bought Degreaser (Simple Green, Purple Power)? Performance wise???

BobbyG
07-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I've never really compared the two but I'd say it's close relative of Purple Power...

Simple Green's closer to orange juice.....:laughing:

C. Charles Hahn
07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Meg's WB contains "Ammonium Biflouride" aka Hydrofluoric Acid. This puts it in a completely different category than a degreaser like Simple Green or Purple Power.

bigaizsosexy
07-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Meg's WB contains "Ammonium Biflouride" aka Hydrofluoric Acid. This puts it in a completely different category than a degreaser like Simple Green or Purple Power.

Charlie,

What does Ammonium Biflouride actually do?

bigaizsosexy
07-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Bob,

See I would have thought the same......but I would like to know if it is a waste of money.

C. Charles Hahn
07-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Charlie,

What does Ammonium Biflouride actually do?

The acid will eat through baked on brake dust and grime faster and in many cases more thoroughly than a degreaser will. For a really dirty neglected wheel especially (as long as it's not made of a material which would react badly to acid exposure), an acid based wheel cleaner can't be beat.

BobbyG
07-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Bob,

See I would have thought the same......but I would like to know if it is a waste of money.

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener sells for $19.00 / gallon and recommended dilution is 4:1; 4 parts water to 1 part product so you really getting 4 gallons and that's $4.75 / gallon.

I have bought the Purple Power quite some time ago but I can't remember its cost.

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener can safely be used on all painted and clear coated wheels. I would not recommend using it on non-coated aluminum wheels.

bigaizsosexy
07-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Charlie,

Thank you for the fast and knowledgeable response. You have answered my question. Thanks again!!

C. Charles Hahn
07-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Meguiar's Wheel Brightener sells for $19.00 / gallon and recommended dilution is 4:1; 4 parts water to 1 part product so you really getting 4 gallons and that's $4.75 / gallon.

I have bought the Purple Power quite some time ago but I can't remember its cost.

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener can safely be used on all painted and clear coated wheels. I would not recommend using it on non-coated aluminum wheels.

:iagree:

And in my experience you can use Wheel Brightener at a much weaker dilution and have it still remain effective. The bottle I reach for and keep on hand is at 10:1 -- that makes it even more cost effective. :props:

BobbyG
07-15-2011, 06:23 PM
:iagree:

And in my experience you can use Wheel Brightener at a much weaker dilution and have it still remain effective. The bottle I reach for and keep on hand is at 10:1 -- that makes it even more cost effective. :props:

Holy Smokes!!

I've got to give this a try, thanks for the tip Charlie!! :dblthumb2:

richy
07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
WB is your big gun in your toolbox. It will not remove tar, but is very, very effective for brake dust.