PDA

View Full Version : How much Optimum Car Wax on an average size car?

newb001
07-15-2011, 04:34 PM
As the title says, how much OCW would I expect to use an an average sedan or small suv? How many cars can I do on a 17oz bottle? The gallon size is vastly more cost effective, but if the 17oz will last me a while I'm ok just getting that.

Thanks!

Garry Dean
07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
I havent measured, but not alot. I would guess maybe 2 oz or less?

It works well, but when you over apply it streaks like crazy. Once you get past the learning curve you will use very little product and be very happy with the results.

BobbyG
07-15-2011, 06:38 PM

It works well, but when you over apply it streaks like crazy. Once you get past the learning curve you will use very little product and be very happy with the results.

:iagree: Optimum Spray Wax is a superb product that once you use and see the results you'll wish you'd been using it for years....:props:

You won't use much at all....:dblthumb2:

Chris Thomas
07-15-2011, 06:44 PM
2-3 oz for a average vehicle.

newb001
07-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks everybody!

Brace1
07-15-2011, 09:02 PM

Same experience here, I've found to apply (almost spreading when it gets damp) with one MF and buffing dry with another, more plush MF. No more streaking for me, plus as Gary said I started using less product which I'm sure helped out too.

Jenn1270
07-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I find it very easy to use and find it to be my go to wax because it is so quick and easy to use and last a long time