PDA

View Full Version : Question about Klasse + EZ creme glaze

spike
07-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Hi all, I would like to detail a friend of mine's black PT cruiser, and I have a question for all you Klasse experts:

Do I need to use the Klasse AIO, then EZ creme glaze, then Klasse SG? Or can I just skip the AIO step and just use the EZ creme, then the SG (2 coats)? Will using the AIO really make that much of a difference seeing that I'm going to apply the EZ creme, or is it a waste of time? I'm looking for durability and hoping that the glaze will make the paint pop. And I don't have too much time with the vehicle, so I need to maximize the wow factor in the least amt of time.

I actually have never used a glaze before, so if you have any tips on applying it, I would appreciate them. I have a Flex 3401 with various pads (orange, black, blue and red). I think they are LC pads.

Thanks!

:)

embolism
07-15-2011, 06:20 AM
I would use the KAIO and apply the KSG as a wowo and skip the glaze

James K
07-15-2011, 06:24 AM
How much time do you have? You are going to have to consider curing times in between coats. If you are trying to make a big difference, then the AIO is something you should not skip. IMO, that is going to make the biggest single change.

As for the glaze, it is not going to fill heavy swirls, simply light swirling. I use EZ Creme and really like it. I apply it with a red or blue pad. I apply it to entire car, and then remove it. Very very easy to work with.

BobbyG
07-15-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm not familiar with EZ Cream Glaze.

Klasse designed their product to be using individually but mostly to complement one another.

Prep the finish by washing then claying. Once this is complete begin with Klasse All-In-One and use it according to directions. "Klasse All In One Polish will remove oxidation, minor swirls, old wax, and other surface blemishes; leaving a beautiful and deep acrylic shine." Klasse All In One does not contain abrasives.

This applies easily using a machine or by hand, I prefer a machine.

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

"Hides and Removes Imperfections. When used in conjunction with Klasse All In One Polish, you will see scratch marks and paint discolorations disappear. This gloss hides and removes more swirls than any other brand, and provides the ultimate protection in extreme weather."

spike
07-15-2011, 06:46 AM
So far it sounds like I would get the most "pop" factor using just AIO and SG without the glaze. So do I really need the glaze for the paint to look great and wet like I want it?

And I know I'll need to keep the curing time of SG in mind when doing multiple coats.

:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
07-15-2011, 06:51 AM
So far it sounds like I would get the most "pop" factor using just AIO and SG without the glaze. So do I really need the glaze for the paint to look great and wet like I want it?

And I know I'll need to keep the curing time of SG in mind when doing multiple coats.

:xyxthumbs:

Nope, not at all...

For additional depth, add another layer of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze or a wax product similar to Collinite 845...

James K
07-15-2011, 07:00 AM
While it might help, with time restrictions and considering the Klasse products, I would skip it.