PDA

View Full Version : every now and then...it's all worth it!

cooksnj
07-14-2011, 09:00 PM
so i was at the gym yesterday, and as i was leaving, a guy who i see there allot was outside. he says to me, one day I'm gonna have a Nissan altima like yours, so i told him there a great ride and so on. then he says to me, when i get it, I'm gonna have you take care of it, cause whatever you're doing makes your car look great. he also tells me my car always looks real nice and well taken care of. so i was kinda shocked at first and then i realized, some people might not say it, but some will notice you're ride and how you keep it up.

i had spent most of Sunday just hitting it with some 360 and a coat of sov. optimum on the tires. so i guess it was looking kinda shiny.

i felt kinda good driving home that day.

LuxuryMobile
07-14-2011, 09:03 PM
What a great feeling. Always nice when someone notices your hard work.

kronos
07-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Sometimes I see cars on the road or parking lots that look like they've just been detailed by somebody who knows what they're doing. I'm the type of person that stops and admires a glossy and mirror like shine.

mdb917
07-14-2011, 09:38 PM
What a nice thing to hear! It does make your steps lighter and you definitely feel better driving after hearing a compliment like that.

Like Enrique, if I see a car that someone has taken special care of I will stop and admire it.

jaymz
07-15-2011, 08:37 AM
About once a week I go into the local pub for a few beers; park my SVT Lightning out back by the deck. I always have someone ask me if that's my truck. Then they want to know what year. When I tell them it's an '02 they can't believe it because the paint just glows and looks like glass. Have gotten a couple detailing jobs outta that. Better yet, the chicks all want a ride!

Jim

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-15-2011, 08:49 AM
It feels great when people come up and compliment your ride for looking like glass.

LegacyGT
07-15-2011, 09:04 AM
What a nice thing to hear! It does make your steps lighter and you definitely feel better driving after hearing a compliment like that.

Like Enrique, if I see a car that someone has taken special care of I will stop and admire it.

It also adds horsepower (or makes it seem more responsive) :xyxthumbs:

Always great to get a compliment on your hard work. It can be frustrating that most people are completely unaware, but when someone is aware of it, it makes you feel like a million bucks.

My personal favorite it compliments that have been given to the person you detailed their car for. Twice as much good feeling going around.