PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Souvern?

S2K
07-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm sure "thin is in" applies to this too but how long do you let it haze? Any tips to applying Liquid Souvern would be appreciated. Thanks!

BobbyG
07-14-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm sure "thin is in" applies to this too but how long do you let it haze? Any tips to applying Liquid Souvern would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Dave,

I apply all my liquid sealants and waxes using my Porter Cable 7424 dual action polisher using a red pad.

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is a good quality wax. I've found it needs to be shaken very well in order to ensure the the formulation mixes well.

Apply Pinnacle Liquid Souveran THIN like all sealants and waxes. It hazes in about 15 to 20 minutes under normal conditions. Once this wax hazes it buffs easily leaving a nice shine. There is "some" dusting but not in great amounts.

S2K
07-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks Bobby,
Since I have yet to machine apply I wanted to get started with this. I have a blue CCS pad but no red, I have read there isn't much difference though. Is there any problem if it is left on longer than say 20 mins?

BobbyG
07-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks Bobby,
Since I have yet to machine apply I wanted to get started with this. I have a blue CCS pad but no red, I have read there isn't much difference though. Is there any problem if it is left on longer than say 20 mins?

Applying with a blue pad is no problem at all and I don't see much different in the two either.

Of course. I usually let it sit on average for 20 minutes but if you can leave it on as long as you like and buff at your leisure...

HighEndDetail
07-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I apply it by hand, to one panel at a time. Apply to next panel, then go back and remove..

Perfections
07-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Shake it up good, you can apply to the whole car and come back in a week and still take it off easily if you put it on thin, it's super easy to use :)

Marc08EX
07-14-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm sure the time it takes for a wax/sealant to dry varies because of ambient conditions. Temperature and humidity plays a big role in how long it takes for the wax/sealant to haze so there's no concrete answer. The best way to find out if your LSP is ready for removal is by doing a swipe test. Use your finger to swipe the sealant... If it smudges then it requires more time to dry but if it wipes clean then it's ready for removal.

nothelle
07-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Do the swipe test and you're set, this thing buff easily so no worry....

HeavyMetal
07-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Like everyone said, it's very easy to buff off as long as you apply it very thin. I generally do a one side (or the roof, hood and trunk) and then start buffing off. Be aware that while it looks incredible and rain will literally bead into "water marbles" when it's fresh, it only lasts a couple weeks. But throw on a coat before you go out to dinner on Sat nite, and everyone in the lot will be looking at your car.

master detailer
07-15-2011, 07:43 AM
this suff I spay on and wipe off I use it as a toper over sealer and as a sand alone on rvs

Nick McKees37
07-15-2011, 08:11 AM
I apply it with a PC 7424xp, Hydro-Tech Crimson Finishing Pad on speed 4 and let it haze for about 30-40 minutes and then it wipes off effortlessly. With this method, you can get away with using less than 2 ounces of product on a full size car. :xyxthumbs:

pickles
07-15-2011, 09:27 AM
So you do let it dry?I was under the impression that a WOWO meant that you literally wipe it off while it's wet.I use Meguair's gold class and I let it dry to a haze for about 30min.But I heard alot of good things about this Pinnacle Souverain that I'm going to get some w/ my next order.Is it worth the extra money or should I stick w/ Meguair's?

Nick McKees37
07-15-2011, 09:56 AM
So you do let it dry?I was under the impression that a WOWO meant that you literally wipe it off while it's wet.I use Meguair's gold class and I let it dry to a haze for about 30min.But I heard alot of good things about this Pinnacle Souverain that I'm going to get some w/ my next order.Is it worth the extra money or should I stick w/ Meguair's?

Pinnacle Souveran Paste is wipe on wipe off (WOWO) type of wax. Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is designed to dry to a haze before wiping off.

pickles
07-15-2011, 04:59 PM
ok,thanks