PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Cobra foam tire applicators

flyinion
07-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I bought a couple of these on the previous BOGO Cobra Flex Foam Tire Detailing Bundle (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-flex-foam-tire-bundle.html) and was wondering is it ok to cut the applicators in half? It seems like I might have more of a chance of wasting product if I'm putting a bead on lengthwise on the applicator and running it around the tire like that. I didn't realize how large those things were till I ordered them. Last time I used something like that was the one from the Meg's high endurance gel a few years back and it was much smaller.

maximus20895
07-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Why wouldn't it be okay to cut them in half?

I don't see a problem with it.

Shane731
07-14-2011, 07:07 PM
No, don't cut them in half! Anything but that!

J/K. Yeah, you can if you want to.

Twister
07-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I ordered one the other day to try. How big is it?

flyinion
07-14-2011, 08:16 PM
about 2 1/2 x 5 inches. I just checked it against my tires, I actually could use it whole at an angle. It seemed cutting it in half would make a nice perfect fit applicator though.

Rei86
07-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I ordered them too and when I put them in my hands it feels just right. But I thought about cutting them in half just so when applying the product the applicator doesn't touch the ground by accident when I'm applying. I also have Hydro Pads that I cut up to apply products also since it had black beads in it.