PDA

View Full Version : Metro MasterBlaster 8.0 HP

Mobile detail
07-13-2011, 09:00 PM
After reading CEEDOG's review of the MB, I went ahead and made the purchase (through AG of course, they did have the best deal). I tried it out for the 1st time today on a 2000 Ford Expedition olive green in color. The paint did NOT have good wax job on it. I have to say, I was BLOWN away (nice use of a pun I know) by this machine. It did an awesome job of drying the vehicle. First I tried it with just regular tap water non filtered. It did a great job of drying but it still spotted in some (very few) areas which was easily taken care of with QD and MF. Then I tried it with Deionized water. WOW. Anyone who is on the fence about this machine, go for it. I found it to be a breeze (haha)to use. It cut down my drying time imensely. I see this being a great asset. Its great on soft paint because you dont have to touch it with a waffle weave MF. The time saved with the MB will pay for itself. The only downside to it is the noise that the air makes going over parts of the car. The machine itself is supprising quiet, but when your doing a window creavice, watch out. Its nothing that either ear plugs can't take care of if you feel you need them. I am partialy deaf in one ear and it did hurt my ears. Definitly a small downside but in the interest of full discloser, I feel it should be stated. Thanks Corey for the insight and helping me out decieding.:dblthumb2:

dchristo
07-13-2011, 09:23 PM
it seams like everyone thats has one of these, loves them...I want to get one soon

LegacyGT
07-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Glad you like the MB! I learned very quickly to wear ear plugs while using it so the whistling from crevices does not make my ears ring.

CEE DOG
07-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Don, I'm so glad you are loving it. When you invest that amount of money in something it should work great and the $ is what kept me away for so long but once I used it.... Man! that tool saves me more time and gives me more happiness than any other tool I use on any car. Thanks so much for your mention. Very kind of you :)

Ya! That crevice shrieking will get ya! LOL

Twister
07-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while. Everytime I wash my Trans Am I wish I had it. That car has more areas where water hides. No matter how much I dry there's still water that runs out when I go to drive it

loudog2
07-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Just watch the hose when drying. It got away from me once and brushed against the side. It left a good size scrape to say the least.

ScottB
07-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Still love mine ....

pfix
07-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I am pleasantly surprised by the 4 HP blowing power of the wall mount Vac N Blo Pro Series.

I picked up a tip over on L2D to remove the vacuum side cap, bag and filter when using it for blowing and it does a nice job drying a car with fresh LSP on the paint.

Bunky
07-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the MB Club!