PDA

View Full Version : UPGP vs Opti Seal vs Prima Hydro Seal

Mobile detail
07-13-2011, 03:37 AM
What's everyone's opinion? I have been using a professional grade sealant that AG doesn't sell with decent results. However, I am interested in the aspect of wipe on and walk away. I know Prima isn't this way but the application does seem nice. Whats the difference between them? Whats your personal favorite and why? What color paint works best for what? Gloss and slickness? Most times a nuba will be applied after. Thanks everyone

Flannigan
07-13-2011, 06:37 AM
IMO applying a Carnuba wax after UPGP or Opti-Seal will negate the super slick effect they have on a vehicle.

Mobile detail
07-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Good to know. So you dont top it with anything? Which one do you use?

Flannigan
07-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Good to know. So you dont top it with anything? Which one do you use?
I've tried UPGP and Opti-Seal and like both of them. I have Hydro Seal on the way, but haven't tried it yet.

john b
07-13-2011, 12:32 PM
what are you useing now?

CEE DOG
07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
IMO applying a Carnuba wax after UPGP or Opti-Seal will negate the super slick effect they have on a vehicle.

I hadn't considered that particular point but it's a great one. After I apply my 3 coats of UPGP I stay with it a month or more before adding a wax.

I have used the opti seal in testing but haven't had the pleasure of putting it on my sky yet.

Mobile detail
07-13-2011, 01:32 PM
what are you useing now?
Its a brand that autogeek doesn't sell so I'm not allowed to say. Lets just say for my AUTO it does MAGIC:props: