PDA

View Full Version : Acura Owners: What paint correction products do you use?

rivaladversary
07-12-2011, 08:08 PM
I have a black 2010 TSX that has swirls on the car. I won't be trying to polish it anytime soon but just for future reference, what do you guys use to paint correct your Acuras?

ScottB
07-12-2011, 08:10 PM
My friend uses menzerna powerfinish on his Acura with nice results. He then loves Dodo Juice waxes.

Porsche Pilot
07-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I have a few Acura's that I service regularly. They are pretty soft, especially the blacks. I find the Wolfgang twins to work extremely well and easily. I love my Menz products but the Wolfies are so easy to work with on the Acura's via Flex 3401 and/or PC IMO.

C. Charles Hahn
07-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I've had good luck on Hondas/Acuras with the Meguiar's MF DA system....

AndySRT
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I usually use optimum products(polish II and finish polish). but as was stated above the dark colors seem to be very soft. I usually top Honda/Acuras with a sealant

alko
07-17-2011, 08:50 AM
I just got done polishing and waxing my 2010 Acura TSX. I used a Porter Cable 7424XP, Lake Country CCS pads and CCS spot buff pads for the smaller areas, and Sonus SFX 1-3 Polish. I used one product that wasn't offered from AG as a wax (Swissvax Concorso). I had light swirl marks in the paint and the Sonus worked pretty good. SFX-2 really brings out the blue flakes in the paint. SFX2-3 really deepen the Black color. Top it off with a good wax and you're good to go. You do not have to use alot of pressure on the PC because, as previously stated, the paint is very soft. If you have alot of swirls in the paint, use a more aggressive polish. I haven't tried Sonus SFX1, since the paint wasn't that bad. All in all I am satisfied with the detail. I will post pics and possibly a video later. But check the attached pics, it turned out really good.