PDA

View Full Version : Differences in: Cquartz, C1, SystemX?

Jhaight11
07-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Can anybody tell me the differences between these coating? I already have Cquartz and i like it, just curious too know about the others.

(I.E. looks, durability, ease of use etc...)

XLNTShine
07-12-2011, 07:12 PM
I can not answer yet, but I can let you know about the System-X in a few weeks!!! Im the MAN

Jhaight11
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I can not answer yet, but I can let you know about the System-X in a few weeks!!! Im the MAN
:props: im curious to know why they make them in 100ml bottles?

XLNTShine
07-12-2011, 07:19 PM
I spoke with Andrew at Sys. X today and the 100ml bottle was choosen so that anyone would have enough product to do a large size SUV and do all the glass!! They also have 237ml bottles. The application instructions say that the bottle should not be stored after opening, but I am not sure how true that is.

ScottB
07-12-2011, 08:08 PM
you forgot Opti-coat from Optimum ...

Jhaight11
07-12-2011, 08:13 PM
you forgot Opti-coat from Optimum ...
To me, Opti-Coat is in a league of its own. i listed the ceramic coating systems while Opti-Coat is a resin.

CEE DOG
07-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Jim can tell you...

XLNTShine
07-12-2011, 08:19 PM
The System-X is a ceramic "resin" as well.

Jhaight11
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM
The System-X is a ceramic "resin" as well.
true. technically they are all resins but it seems the three coating a listed all have (i could be wrong) around the same mil thickness when applied where opti coat has more (i forgot the actual #)
quote from AG: Note: Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is not to be confused with other waxes, sealants or nano-coatings.

melF1fan
07-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Glad to see this as a topic as i bought the System X kit a month ago and just finally applied to one of the cars i take care of in my family especially before this hot weather in NJ today.

I also have and used Opti Coat and Cquartz. Funny but i would more closely compare System X to Opti Coat at least by their own description

From their website:
"
System X is a semi-permanent coating that actually becomes the functional surface of your vehicle's paintwork. By creating an inseparable bond on a molecular level with your paintwork you get a coating that cannot be washed off like a wax or sealant.
System X acts as a second layer of clear coat which provides increased protection against the elements.
This new clear coating is glossier, chemical resistant, and harder than the original clear coat. Providing incredible protection against minor scratches, swirl marks, acid rain, bird droppings, and harmful UV rays. Easy hand application only takes 15 - 20 minutes."

They also claim once cured the only way to remove is to compound it off.

That sounds a bit like the Opti Coat description, a coating and not a nano sealant.

In any case, since i've now used it, I quite like it alot. Application for is alot easier than CQuartz. Another thing that pleasantly suprised me was how slick the surface was after removal and even more so after it cures.

As those of you that know, OC and CQuartz are not really slick but thats not the whole purpose of them.

If the slickness holds up, and more importantly the advertised protection, i will have a new favorite go to that I would have no problem recommending to anyone. It would be nice if they came up with a QD or spray topper of some kind to maintain the surface.

I will say though, once you get your head around the lack of slickness - Opti Coat has proven to be everything it has advertised itself to be for me. I am still tinkering with CQuartz and Reload. Hope to report back in the future how they all stack up.

melF1fan
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
One more thing, even though i say it's much easier to use.. make sure you are in a well ventilated area cuz the solvent reeks :(

Jhaight11
07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
what about their infinite gloss sealant as a topper? not a spray but...

melF1fan
07-12-2011, 09:11 PM
That got my interest too but the last thing i need is another sealant lol.

It definitely looks worthy of a look all by itself to compare to the big dogs here.

Maybe i'll contact them to see if it will bond ok to their coating.

Jhaight11
07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
That got my interest too but the last thing i need is another sealant lol.

It definitely looks worthy of a look all by itself to compare to the big dogs here.

Maybe i'll contact them to see if it will bond ok to their coating.
thier gallon price is pretty cheap (50$)