PDA

View Full Version : O hail!

pixelmonkey
07-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Oklahoma City was just greeted with rain for the first time in over 2 weeks.

a welcome sight until the hail began to fall. was looking out the office window to see golf balls falling from the sky. leaves from the trees have coated the parking lot, but no sighting of broken windows.

sad part, from the looks of the radar my house didnt see a single drop.

dry ice purchase this weekend.
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

Ted S.
07-12-2011, 03:35 PM
That sucks.... A couple years back, we had a bad hailstorm here, almost every vehicle in the parking lot at the high school was severely damaged.

ShineTimeDetail
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM
How do you do it? How long do you heat it?

pixelmonkey
10-22-2011, 07:38 PM
How do you do it? How long do you heat it?
it was bad enough that I had a paintless dent repair guy do the work. Left the car with him on Saturday morning and was finished monday afternoon.

Quite a bit of work was required.

Digging this old thread up as I was just able to walk into the house after being trapped in my truck in yet another hail storm. Looks like a claim will be completed on both the Forester and Ridgeline from this storm.

The weather prediction in Oklahoma is a funny thing. At noon today, there was only a 30% chance of any rain for the night. Then, a few rain clouds appeared later in the afternoon, then at 5:30 it was like an atom bomb of black clouds appearing.

I dont believe this storm was as bad as the last, but know there are several new dents from this one.

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

jreblackGT
10-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Having grown up in the midwest I cringe at the thought of hail. At least that's one thing we very rarely get in SoCal.