PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear

Pages : [1] 2

kimberguy
07-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Feed back please Has anyone used this product before ? What do you think of it & do you know if it's ph balanced ?

rider9195
07-12-2011, 11:06 AM
It's a good product for washes that won't strip the wax when diluted correctly. Yes, it is pH neutral.

silverfox
07-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Its a great wash...especially if you are into foam guns and tons of suds....it can also strip wax depending on dilution you use. My current favorite PH balanced wash product is their GlossWorks...

fishnugget
07-12-2011, 11:37 AM
I really like it, more so than duragloss 901/902. I feel its slicker and cleans better. Also works great on the foam cannon as the other poster above mentioned. just make sure to dilute it appropriately.

newb001
07-12-2011, 11:45 AM
How do you guys dilute it for you foam guns?

Am waiting to receive an order so haven't had a chance to look at the bottle yet, but wondering if you do anything different than what it says.

Thanks.

Twister
07-12-2011, 01:07 PM
I've been wanting to try it. I saw it on sale somewhere else and I'm tempted to order it

93fox
07-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Wait till the AG "policeman" see this thread..... I love citrus wash and gloss. Its my go to soap for deep cleaning and stripping waxes or sealants. Good stuff.

kronos
07-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Feed back please Has anyone used this product before ? What do you think of it & do you know if it's ph balanced ?

I've been using it for over a year now and I think it's ok. It works pretty well with my foam gun, but I don't find it to be exceptional in any category (lubricity, gloss, suds, etc.).

SATracker
07-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Back in the day when we had water in south Texas I'd use it & liked it on the really dirty cars. Otherwise I use ONR (which I purchased from AutoGeek)!!

fishnugget
07-12-2011, 03:35 PM
How do you guys dilute it for you foam guns?

Am waiting to receive an order so haven't had a chance to look at the bottle yet, but wondering if you do anything different than what it says.

Thanks.

I usually add an ounce to the bottle. If I feel it needs more foam I will add a little more the next time.

This concentration did not strip my sealant I had on it. However, now that I have opti-coat I use more of it for its cleaning properties.

newb001
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I usually add an ounce to the bottle. If I feel it needs more foam I will add a little more the next time.

This concentration did not strip my sealant I had on it. However, now that I have opti-coat I use more of it for its cleaning properties.

Thanks! Was thinking of having OC applied to my car, and was also thinking of using the CW at a higher dilution to really knock off any dirt, as it shouldn't affect the OC.

Just realized however that I've ordered Citrus Wash and Gloss, not Citrus Wash and Clear. Does anyone know if CWG doesn't foam as well? I assume cleaning power is the same?

TLMitchell
07-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Just realized however that I've ordered Citrus Wash and Gloss, not Citrus Wash and Clear. Does anyone know if CWG doesn't foam as well? I assume cleaning power is the same?

IME, CW&C just makes things feel somehow cleaner. CW&G seems more lubrous to me seems to suds up a little higher if that's your thing and the glossifiers leave things a bit more shiney. Both are great for maintenance washes or stripping depending on dilution. You really can't go wrong with either, IMO.

TL

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
07-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Wait till the AG "policeman" see this thread..... I love citrus wash and gloss. Its my go to soap for deep cleaning and stripping waxes or sealants. Good stuff.

This thread is cool as long as you dont LINK to these products...then they get all :nomore: on you...but talking about it is ok :)

Mobile detail
07-14-2011, 12:46 AM
I have used a lot of cg stuff. some of it is decent, a lot of it is a waste of money. Jet seal is good, but aG stuff is better. A far as the soap, I have a gallon of it. I find it to be sub par and nothing to write home about.I know they sell their products to other companies who then re-label it. They get some hype but imo, they are way over priced and don't work that well.I don't feel they supply professional grade products.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-14-2011, 02:26 AM
I have used a lot of cg stuff. some of it is decent, a lot of it is a waste of money. Jet seal is good, but aG stuff is better. A far as the soap, I have a gallon of it. I find it to be sub par and nothing to write home about.I know they sell their products to other companies who then re-label it. They get some hype but imo, they are way over priced and don't work that well.I don't feel they supply professional grade products.
Outside of their polishes, I think CG makes some awesome products!