PDA

View Full Version : Dakoda Odor Bombs?

ShineTimeDetail
07-11-2011, 06:45 PM
How do you guys use them and what do you think about them? Can you set one off in a car? Will is stain plastic if some mists on it or will is discolor fabric if it comes in contact with it? Just a few questions before I buy 12 of them lol Feed back please

CrownKote
07-11-2011, 06:53 PM
How do you guys use them and what do you think about them? Can you set one off in a car? Will is stain plastic if some mists on it or will is discolor fabric if it comes in contact with it? Just a few questions before I buy 12 of them lol Feed back please

In larger cars I set them off in the back seat on the floor away from the upholstery... Honestly though I love the DP ones! They work great too... If I am doing one I will run the customer's car with the a/c on and set it off that way it gets cycled through the entire car's system too...

Smaller cars I just spray it in there for a few seconds then let it sit...

bimmer325!
07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
I just use them in "spirtz"...I will spot spray under the floor mats front/back, spray on headliner front/back..close the doors continue washing car or whatever...leave windows up..and check it in a few hours. If you need, repeat as you prefer. They do work. I prefer the new car scent.

CrownKote
07-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I just use them in "spirtz"...I will spot spray under the floor mats front/back, spray on headliner front/back..close the doors continue washing car or whatever...leave windows up..and check it in a few hours. If you need, repeat as you prefer. They do work. I prefer the new car scent.

I have never used the New Car smell what does it smell like?

ScottB
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
DP offers them too .... Tropical and Fresh Detail are nice.

Perfections
07-11-2011, 10:11 PM
The smoke odor eliminators work great!

James K
07-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I just used a DP one tonight. It was a Montero that was so disgusting smelling I gagged when I opened the door. I threw a DP tropical breeze inside. Three hours later I can actually sit in the car without getting sick. The owner is very happy.

ShineTimeDetail
07-11-2011, 11:03 PM
The smoke odor eliminators work great!

Where do you get that?

ShineTimeDetail
07-11-2011, 11:05 PM
The entire interior need to be thoroughly cleaned before setting this bomb off right?

Meghan
07-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Where do you get that?

Dakota Non-Smoke Smoke Odor Eliminator can be found on our site.

pixelmonkey
07-12-2011, 08:10 AM
dont just sit the bomb off in the car and walk away. there will likely be a nice damp colored spot on the headliner if you do this.

a search of the forum will provide you with an idea one member had of stabbing holes into a cardboard box with a screw driver and sitting it on a plastic lid or some type of catch.

i've found the following to give the best flow and makes for the easiest cleanup.
a rubbermaid tub lid to sit the odor bomb on.
Rubbermaid storage Container (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermaid-3-Gallon-Roughneck-Storage-Box-Blue-Set-of-12/16539916)

and to cover the bomb, but allow ventilation and flow, i've been using a small plastic laundry basket similar to this one
Laundry Basket (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Round-Laundry-Basket-White/17011396)

in the end, it will look something like the attached image.
the green tube in the middle is the odor bomb. :props:

hope it helps!
chris<pixelmonkey>:D