PDA

View Full Version : Construction vehicle - LULL

elbogrease
07-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Hello all I'm new to the sight but I've ben detailing for a couple years. Mostly European exotics, but I quit the job to go on a big vacation. Now that I have no money I'm picking up detailing again. But I was recently asked to detail a persons Lull. Which is basically a huge forklift. Now, I took the job on because I know I can get it done in a decent time and I'm pretty sure things will work out. But my main question is, Has anyone else ever detailed "construction" vehicles? If so i would love to hear some feedback and potentially see some of your photos. Thanks for any input.

Mobile detail
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I ve worked in forklifts for 15 years along with every other type of equipment. Biggest advice I can give is make sure you have a great pressure washer and clean the radiator real well. Your going to use a lot of degreeser.your going to need an air compressor as well to blow out the motor. Other than that its pretty simple. If you have any questions feel free to ask and il help the best I can.

Flipnirish
07-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I have prep'd heavy equipment (i.e. dozers, loaders, graders, forklifts, etc...) to be shipped overseas via aircraft and barge. It is a pain in the ass passing through Air Force inspections. They have to be spotless. Best weapon is HOT water through a high pressured washer, apc, and glass cleaner. Good luck!

Tommy

James K
07-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I worked as a service manager for two rental companies for a while. I have washed and cleaned many lull, jlg, john deere, jcb, etc. Hot water pressure washers are priceless when it comes to cleaning them. A bath in a good degreasers and then hit water usually does the trick.

elbogrease
07-13-2011, 12:26 PM
thanks everyone for the advice. What do you think a good price for doing a LULL or other pieces of heavy machinery are? I gave the guy a cheap price only because I'm just starting out so, I'm not gonna charge a lot when I have never done this type before.