PDA

View Full Version : Battery Operated Eco Friendly Cold Water Low Pressure Washer System

Gtiracerx
07-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Ok this unit is good for EPA standards here in california. What are the draw back to this type of system comparded to the high pressure systems?

Shane731
07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
You might consider this instead: Nomad 18 Volt Portable Power Cleaner, Nomad Cordless Power Cleaner, mini power cleaner, portable car wash, compact power washer (http://www.autogeek.net/nomad-portable-power-cleaner.html)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvit-8guaxE]YouTube - ‪Nomad MINI Washer Part 1‬‏[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOOQJMxgFrQ]YouTube - ‪Nomad MINI Washer Part 2‬‏[/video]

gumbedamit
07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I think both of those units are a crock.... If you want to go low pressure, you can just buy a $100 pump and connect it to your truck. It talks about water reclaimation, but it doesn't do it. I guess it's electric so you won't have to run gas motors for power and pressure washing. My truck is fully electric with and industrial 2000psi pressure washer. My initial cost was a bit higher, but the return was so much greater. If you are looking for low pressure to give you water from a hose, just buy a 12volt pump. or you can invest in a cheap inverter and go 120volts on the pump.
BTW. You use more water going low pressure than from a pressure washer.

Rav777
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Northern tools has tanks with pumps built on them for under 100 bucks. I was going to go the waterless/eco route as well but I decided to add it to my existing detail packages. The thing is that many people are going to bring you really dirty cars with caked on dirt/mud so you will need some good pressure for deep cleaning. Were in California do you live? I also live in California and have noticed that the water reclaim laws have been lax, compared to a year or two ago. Now with summer coming up most of the water evaporates before it gets close to a drain.

gumbedamit
07-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Northern tools has tanks with pumps built on them for under 100 bucks. I was going to go the waterless/eco route as well but I decided to add it to my existing detail packages. The thing is that many people are going to bring you really dirty cars with caked on dirt/mud so you will need some good pressure for deep cleaning. Were in California do you live? I also live in California and have noticed that the water reclaim laws have been lax, compared to a year or two ago. Now with summer coming up most of the water evaporates before it gets close to a drain.
Yep, thats where I got my electric pressure washer. 2 years and still going strong. I just replaced the pressure hose about a week ago $29..

Gtiracerx
07-12-2011, 03:55 AM

San Diego!! Getting my business license, they wanted to know what I'm using for Reclaim so they wont even issue it until I show them.

Rav777
07-12-2011, 12:57 PM
San Diego!! Getting my business license, they wanted to know what I'm using for Reclaim so they wont even issue it until I show them.

Nice, I am from Fallbrook up north. I just put San Diego because nobody knows were Fallbrook is lol. That reclaim system is a pain but what I did was bought the huge ridgid shop vac and added the reclaim unit to it. Basically it's a long bar that sits along the ground and sucks all of the water up into the wet/dry vac.

Rav777
07-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Just looked at the name of the berm. It's called a VACU BERM. I hardly use it but I keep it just in case. Up here were I work is comprised alot of some city and rural areas. I usually use the berm when it starts too cool off, right now once the water hits that hot pavement it evaporates.

Gtiracerx
07-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Oh youre not far. I'm in Escondido, I pass fallbrook all the time since my lady lives in Temecula:props:

And I saw the vacu berm. I might get one

Bunky
07-13-2011, 07:37 PM
So what aspects of this device meet the California laws?

Is it water usage, run off, or something else?