PDA

View Full Version : Bad M3...

Pages : [1] 2

CrownKote
07-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey Mike/AGO folks,

I have a paint correction scheduled for Sat/Sun and am needing some help...

This is a Dakar I Yellow (267) M3 that the paint is so washed out it sickens me... He uses the car as a dd but is wanting the paint looking good again... My thoughts are as follows:

Klasse AIO with white pad let soak for a short bit then DAMF the car then seal with CG JetSeal 109 (he lives in the mtns on a dirt road)

Here is the car (sorry I don't have any better pics yet those will come on Sat):
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6QMN42cSco0/ThtC2_BoG1I/AAAAAAAAAq8/G1S1Qphesn8/s800/M3.jpg

Any help would be great... He is not so worried about scratches and swirls just wants a better looking M3! (Yes I have read KISS thread)

CrownKote
07-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Bumpity bump bump...

Jhaight11
07-11-2011, 04:45 PM
bad and m3 dont belong in the same sentence lol. so assuming he just wants it to shine it up again? klasse would be a good product.

Shade Tree
07-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Meguiars Speed Cut (#95) with a yellow pad followed by the JetSeal 109 would be a great finish. Better still, follow the polish up with the CG Blacklight.

I work on more BMWs than any other brand and have also worked on the Dakar yellow. These products will yield excellent results.

CrownKote
07-11-2011, 06:02 PM
bad and m3 dont belong in the same sentence lol. so assuming he just wants it to shine it up again? klasse would be a good product.

Yeah he is just wanting it to look shinier and a bit better... He said no real corrections as he is planning on getting it sprayed in about a year with the same color but a clear coat... He will be doing a huge overhaul on the motor and suspension (lowering it more and adding a fresh S50 motor built for twin turbos)

Meguiars Speed Cut (#95) with a yellow pad followed by the JetSeal 109 would be a great finish. Better still, follow the polish up with the CG Blacklight.

I work on more BMWs than any other brand and have also worked on the Dakar yellow. These products will yield excellent results.

I would think that with a yellow pad and 95 it would cut a lot and leave some maring... I have Klasse AIO and Jet Seal 109 I also have the DAMF system and the WG Twins and 105/205 but he wants the car done as quick as possible... And is only wanting to spend about $250.00 That is why I was thinking KAIO and JS109 for speed and durability...

Shade Tree
07-11-2011, 06:11 PM
If your technique needs some improvement then yes, there might be some marring left behind from the 95. The liklihood though is that there would be no marring left behind ........ with the Dakar (if properly polished) the color will be so bright any minor blemishes will be made transparent.

A pic of 95 used to remove swirls here: (no marring)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5KPYQnW5yb4/Tcdjv4O0NmI/AAAAAAAAGFs/9NJs1FhRXyg/s400/IMG_2814.jpg

Sealant applied with no fillers or polishes between the polishing and final topper:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-q1NagQNNR0M/Tcdj7NshK_I/AAAAAAAAGHE/C8lX7Y9EsI4/s400/IMG_2835.jpg

CrownKote
07-11-2011, 06:21 PM
WOW... I haven't used 95 in a while... I was just figuring the yellow would be super aggressive along with a highly aggressive compound it would need to be leveled even more... I just red the snippet on it and it seems like it may work well for me... I may just go that route... What speed would you recommend on the flex pe 14 2?

Shade Tree
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
WOW... I haven't used 95 in a while... I was just figuring the yellow would be super aggressive along with a highly aggressive compound it would need to be leveled even more... I just red the snippet on it and it seems like it may work well for me... I may just go that route... What speed would you recommend on the flex pe 14 2?

I typically work this at speed setting #6 on the Flex.

MDetail
07-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Aren't those years single stage?

Shade Tree
07-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Yup

M0nk3y
07-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Any paint code with I (not II) is single stage.

CrownKote
07-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Any paint code with I (not II) is single stage.

I have spoken with several owners of early II's and their cars are SS still... I guess that BMW was getting complaints that the M3's were "fading/washing out" so some time after the initial run of II's they changed to BC/CC...

Garry Dean
07-12-2011, 07:26 AM
I have had amazing results with Menzerna Power Finish and LC orange CCS on oxidized single stage paints.

I didnt see that in your list of products, but if you place an AG order today you should get it by Friday.

CrownKote
07-12-2011, 07:32 AM
I have had amazing results with Menzerna Power Finish and LC orange CCS on oxidized single stage paints.

I didnt see that in your list of products, but if you place an AG order today you should get it by Friday.

Another good thought Gary... Ugh so many decisions...
Gary with the MPF would you recommend rotary and the orange CCS? If so what speed? (I may try a few diff areas and see what I like the best as far as it finishing down and shining up)

Flannigan
07-12-2011, 07:35 AM
I would say if you are going to go over the whole car once anyway, don't waste your time with KAIO.

I would try either Menzerna Powerfinish or Meguiars Ultimate compound. I have had great results with both as one step products. They should knock all that oxidation off and bring back the shine in a big way.

As for pads I personally like the Hydrotech Cyan pads, but I think you would have great success with the LC orange pads as well. They aren't going to perform miracles, but they will get that car looking 100x better than it does now.