PDA

View Full Version : I hate pictures of....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

A.P.A.D.
07-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I hate pictures of a finshed job in which the polisher is on the ground. maybe just a pet peeve of mine, but i just cant stand this. even though the pad it not touching the ground, this practice just seems shady/risky to me...

work clean people! :nomore:

thanks for listening (reading)! :dblthumb2:

C. Charles Hahn
07-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Uh, what?

Where else am I supposed to set the machine down?

http://www.hahn-on-the.net/pictures/56vette/Buffed.JPG

There's nothing shady or risky about a pad that isn't in any way touching the ground....

Flash Gordon
07-11-2011, 10:54 AM
<<< Guilty as well

James K
07-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Guilty.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/M4Operator/Detail&#37;2002%20GT/DSC_0517.jpg

RTexasF
07-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Ridiculous and I also do the same.

Flash Gordon
07-11-2011, 11:06 AM
It bothers me when I see someone else do it. If I do it though, its ok

Yours,

Hypocrite

James K
07-11-2011, 11:09 AM
It bothers me when I see someone else do it. If I do it though, its ok

Yours,

Hypocrite

:iagree: and :nomore:

PAR Detailing
07-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Yep Im guilty as well. I see nothing wrong with it. The pad is not touching the ground so Im not sure how it is bad/shady/hack work. Maybe if you have a really dirty/dusty floor and you have a strong fan going that is blowing the stuff up then it could pose a problem but I think you would have that problem whether the polisher was rested on the floor or not.

Flannigan
07-11-2011, 11:11 AM
It bothers me to, only in my own pictures, I'm not willing to say anything about others pictures. Usually I try to clean everything up for final pictures, but sometimes time is so tight and I still want to grab some after pictures.

SeaJay's
07-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Well I'm guilty as charged of this one. Was it my recent thread that caused this one? Just curious cause I know I had a finished pic with my Flex sitting on the ground (pad up). Sorry but I don't have any where else to put it some times.

SeaJay's
07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
It bothers me to, only in my own pictures, I'm not willing to say anything about others pictures. Usually I try to clean everything up for final pictures, but sometimes time is so tight and I still want to grab some after pictures.

I am guilty of snapping afters before I pick up everything. I try to but usually come across my camera as I'm starting to clean up. So I snap a couple pics and then go back to cleaning.

Don't know why, but I guess if that was the original complaint on this I can see the point. One thing I do plan on improving on is keeping my detailing area clean. All too many times I have my supplies all laying around.

master detailer
07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
try not to do it. but dam guy dont you have any thing better to say. live and let live. If hes working for you ok then.

AeroCleanse
07-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Doesn't bother me as long as the pad is facing up.

V3AutoDetailing
07-11-2011, 11:32 AM
I dont see a problem stting the buffer on the ground, pad facing up. So you have never ever set your buffer on the ground.

what do you do with it while wiping polish of, walking away from the job for a moment.

CrownKote
07-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I tend to do this all the time also... Pad up or off the machine... I could see if stuff was falling onto the pad but honestly how often does that happen?