PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaning Question

mmeachem
07-11-2011, 09:29 AM
i have this wheel http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb_2I2Xn9nfqWxAzic_Wg_P6Ds2RGh-bPm_ufEazJSPTYz82hi&t=1and my truck's brakes give off ALOT brake dust what would be the best wheel cleaner and id prefer foaming

James K
07-11-2011, 10:02 AM
What is the finish on that wheel? I am on my phone so it's hard to tell.

mmeachem
07-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Silver with a chrome lip

Pagani Zonda R
07-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi there,

There is a whole lot of products to clean wheels (rims) so there is a lot to recommend. If the wheel is not in too bad shape, you can go with a normal (non HD) cleaner.

Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Sonax, DP, GG all offer pretty darn good wheel cleaner to me. I would go with the DP wheel cleaner and tire gel, those two are not too expensive and do a great job. My car is about 8 months old and I use it of the wheels and tires, always look as new! :xyxthumbs:

You would also need a brush for the interior of the wheel (EZ Brush), something like a boar's hair brush for the front of the wheel and another brush for the tire.

You can put some wheel wax (DP make a good one) that will help a lot your wheels to get "less dirty" and will help you to make the cleaning process easier after. :dblthumb2:

James K
07-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Is the lip actually Chrome, or polished and clear coated? I ask because this will change my recommendations.

shoeless89
07-11-2011, 04:17 PM
IMO I love Sonax, its great on almost any wheel finish

Rsurfer
07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
i have this wheel http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb_2I2Xn9nfqWxAzic_Wg_P6Ds2RGh-bPm_ufEazJSPTYz82hi&t=1and my truck's brakes give off ALOT brake dust what would be the best wheel cleaner and id prefer foaming

If you seal your wheels, all you will need is soap and water to clean.:nomore:

mmeachem
07-12-2011, 07:46 AM
I mean the lip is polish and my wheel is in great shape but removing the brake dust and those little black spots /// also what wheel wax is better pb or do and what is the best wheel cleaner that requires the least amount if agitation

Flannigan
07-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Grab either Sonax or Griots HD Wheel Cleaner for the initial cleaning. Once they are clean seal them with a good sealant and then as long as you stay on top of them, you won't need anything more than your carwash soap to clean them.