PDA

View Full Version : Wash Sponge/MIT recommendation?

XLNTShine
07-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Hey guys,

I need to find a mit or sponge that will not put swirls back into the paint. I did one half of my Tahoe last weekend and it was looking amazing. Well here I am washing the truck on Sunday and I look at the B-pillar and it is a mess again. The little drops of sap that I can't avoid seem to get trapped in the microfiber even rinsing it in the bucket. I don't know if that is what is putting the swirls in or just using the crappy MF wash mit with the all the MF fingers like the Cobra one.

What can I do to help keep this from happening in the future?

:(

Jimmie
07-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Still my favorite; the ShMitt.

It even gets better when the yellow back comes off.

05xrunner
07-11-2011, 09:20 AM
I have a raceGlaze Sheepskin mitt and its really good..I also heard the DoDo juice sheepskin washmits are VERY good

kronos
07-11-2011, 10:22 AM
... I did one half of my Tahoe last weekend and it was looking amazing. Well here I am washing the truck on Sunday and I look at the B-pillar and it is a mess again...

About three weekends ago I did a two-step polish on my car. After the third wash, I noticed a small strip of paint between the A and C pillars that had noticeable swirls. Then it hit me! I forgot to polish that section! I normally do the areas that require a 4" pad after I'm done polishing the rest of the car, but I must have forgotten to polish that area because the rest of my car still looks cherry. Could the same have happened to you?

HeavyMetal
07-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I like the chennile type microfiber wash mitts similar to the Cobra. Like 5 bucks at Wally World.

James K
07-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Is it possible they were not gone and just filled?

Anyway, I have a few of the Mothers mitts and have never seen any problem as a result of using them.

jamesn184
07-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm currently using the Foam wash mitt made by Edge.. pretty much the same as the Optimum wash mitt

XLNTShine
07-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I might look at the Mothers, at least I could get it OTC.

alko
07-11-2011, 12:38 PM
I have a raceGlaze Sheepskin mitt and its really good..I also heard the DoDo juice sheepskin washmits are VERY good

I think I'm going to get the DoDo juice sheepskin in a few weeks. Thanks for the recommendation. :xyxthumbs:

maximus20895
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
I like the sheepskin wash pad :)

It's all just a personal preference though

mdb917
07-11-2011, 01:59 PM

FYI: The sheepskin pads are on BOGO. :hungry:

I've been thinking about trying them. I know there are several folks here that prefer them.

XLNTShine
07-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I would go with those but dont want to pay the shipping just for those. I just placed an order on the 4th and I already have to much stuff. I can't justify spending more $$ just for free shipping.

Twister
07-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I use sheepskin wash kits like Eurow or similar and I don't have problems with swirls or scratches

Ted S.
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM

I got 'em on bogo! Gonna use them for maintanence washes.:xyxthumbs:

john b
07-11-2011, 05:23 PM
i recently used griots wash pads-very nice