PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 and Ceramic Quartz (Additional Videos)

CEE DOG
07-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Additional Videos: Opti-Coat 2.0 and Ceramic Quartz

Here is some additional media. Whatever you do don’t miss the second video after the 30 second mark. I was very impressed. The mailman happened to be delivering a package that day and when he saw it in action he asked me to tell him all about it which of course I was happy to do.

Optimum: Opti-Coat 2.0

The first video shows application of Opti-Coat 2.0. Note the speed at which the product flashes is dependant on the temperature and humidity in my experience. The application to the taillight took place on a separate occasion but was spliced together in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a4637xYAag

The second video shows water sheeting and beading affects of Opti-coat 2.0 on a vertical panel. This video was taken a couple weeks after application.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB1_FdMUlDE

Car Pro: CQuartz:

The third video shows the favored applicator for Cquartz application and then the water sheeting and beading affects of CQuartz on a vertical panel. The water affect portion was shot a couple weeks after application. My apologies the CQ application at the beginning of the video was cut short because the memory card was full.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl_luC7_mLk

Also see the original review with further info here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34883-review-extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz-12.html#post500802

silverfox
07-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Since applying Opti coat I've never had any need for a drying towel. I hit the few beads left with some air and that's it. Best product I've ever seen. I only wash my car that takes almost no time at all and drying...even easier.

IID
07-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Thank You for the video comparison's Corey :xyxthumbs:
Have to luv the variety of "Super Coatings" that are availible to us consumers.

AeroCleanse
07-10-2011, 07:17 PM
To me, the Opti-Coat side looked like it rinsed better than the Cquartz side, unless it was your technique.

CEE DOG
07-10-2011, 10:16 PM
You guys are correct. The OC is sheeting in an incredible manner.

Both products only one layer was used. This is correct for OC... while CQ suggests adding 2 layers. The CQ does not have 2 layers.

Personally if I can apply OC and not have to buff it off I don't want to have to buff 2 applications of CQ off.

toni
07-11-2011, 03:53 AM
Great vids! Thanks for sharing!

Avi@CarPro
07-11-2011, 05:09 AM

Both products only one layer was used. This is correct for OC... while CQ suggests adding 2 layers. The CQ does not have 2 layers.

Personally if I can apply OC and not have to buff it off I don't want to have to buff 2 applications of CQ off.

2 coats of cquartz is a recommend ! , not obligation, 1 layer is enough. who ever wants more can do 2 layers for extra hardness.
vertical surface is easy, very easy even.. any coat or wax will show you good effect repelling on vertical.
the question is on horizon surface!!! how it reacts, bead and sheet. the less water drops left the better you have less possible water spots. and ofcourse after few car washes.

CEE DOG
07-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Avi, thanks for reinforcing that. I have always only used 1 coat of CQ and have been happy with the results. Just wanted everyone to know that video was shot with only 1 coat because maybe coats would make a difference in the sheeting action. I don't know.

richy
07-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Great videos Corey. Both products are amazing in my book.

dougaross
07-11-2011, 07:02 AM

I agree that buffing 2 layers is more work than OC, but it is only once every couple years. Not so bad if you like the results.

PS you don't have to double layer the entire car.

HeavyMetal
07-11-2011, 07:17 AM
CQ definitely sheets and and beads better with 2 coats. I did 2 on my wife's hood and it's quite amazing. A shot or two of ReLoad bumps it even further.

As is true of everything, both of these products have their pluses and minuses. but both are excellent at protecting your finish - a quantum leap over ordinary sealants and waxes. Pick one. I don't think you'll be disappointed whichever way you choose to go. I picked CQ for my wife's black Lexus. Geez, did it make the paint pop and washing is a breeze - the CQ virtually rejects water and dirt.