PDA

View Full Version : Light Dust.......

BILL
01-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Always wondering if before i QD my rides to remove light dust and fingerprints....is it necessary to CALIFORNIA DUST BEFOREHAND???:o

abrcrombe
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't say it is necessary. I never liked the Cali duster.

BILL
01-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't say it is necessary. I never liked the Cali duster.

Thanks......i guess i really want to ask is the dust removing nessasary before the QDing.... i feel like maybe im scatching the finish if i dont....:(

blkyukon
01-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks......i guess i really want to ask is the dust removing nessasary before the QDing.... i feel like maybe im scatching the finish if i dont....:(

It depends on the amount of dust...it's fine to use a QD on light dusting, just make sure to use multiple MF's.

Anything heavier then light dusting I'd wash it or use something like Poorboy's S&W.

BILL
01-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks.........very Light Dust.......

supercharged
01-23-2007, 09:52 PM
It depends on the amount of dust...it's fine to use a QD on light dusting, just make sure to use multiple MF's.

Anything heavier then light dusting I'd wash it or use something like Poorboy's S&W.

:iagree:

ltoman
01-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks.........very Light Dust.......

good question, bill! same one i wanted the answer to, but did not post. i get in enough trouble 'round here!!:awesome:

nick19
01-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Always wondering if before i QD my rides to remove light dust and fingerprints....is it necessary to CALIFORNIA DUST BEFOREHAND???:o

I will run around the car using a MF to "dust" it off, because here, dust clings to my car like a magnet. Then I will use a QD. Takes me less than one minute to swip a MF across, picking up the dust.

-Nick :cheers:
5-Star Auto Detailing

blkyukon
01-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Here is my limit of dust for a normal QD
Anything more then this I'd step it up to S&W

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/blkyukon/dust_bna_01.jpg

And here is my limits for S&W:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/blkyukon/Yukon/s_w/sw_01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/blkyukon/Yukon/s_w/sw_03.jpg

3Dog
01-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Light dust is about all the California Duster will handle.....remember never let the weight of the duster rest on the paint.

nick19
01-23-2007, 10:34 PM
S&W is Spray and Wash, correct?

5-Star Auto Detailing

blkyukon
01-23-2007, 10:38 PM
S&W is Spray and Wash, correct?

5-Star Auto Detailing

Poorboys Spray & Wipe

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1934_130378118

nick19
01-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Thought so.. :D

Thanks,

-Nick

Liane
01-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I have a California Duster and like it. As said above I trust it ONLY for light dust. But it is handy and a quick swipe makes the car look nice and me feel good. I also use the DP waterless wash. I do several rounds, the first with plenty of product and a light swipe with the mf. then I do a 2nd and 3rd round, making sure I do not scratch. If you are careful you can clean the bottom of the car (especially when the rest of the car is fine). Look at me, I feel like I have something to say after being obsessed with detailing for only a month. Petit a petit l'oiseau fait son nit (little by little the bird makes his nest). So to with the fine art of detailing! I'll keep reading and doing.

BILL
01-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I have a California Duster and like it. As said above I trust it ONLY for light dust. But it is handy and a quick swipe makes the car look nice and me feel good. I also use the DP waterless wash. I do several rounds, the first with plenty of product and a light swipe with the mf. then I do a 2nd and 3rd round, making sure I do not scratch. If you are careful you can clean the bottom of the car (especially when the rest of the car is fine). Look at me, I feel like I have something to say after being obsessed with detailing for only a month. Petit a petit l'oiseau fait son nit (little by little the bird makes his nest). So to with the fine art of detailing! I'll keep reading and doing.

NICE POST........THANKS:cheers: